Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » As smart phones get smarter do people get dumber?

As smart phones get smarter do people get dumber?

Pedestrian motor vehicle crash deaths have increased 80 percent since reaching their low point in 2009 and account for 17 percent of crash fatalities. 

Posted - June 30, 2023

Responses

No,  People have always been dumb.  "Smart" devices merely amplify people's stupidity.  
      June 30, 2023 9:47 AM MDT

Einstein said the list of stupid things people do is endless unfortunately. Carving 4 letter initials in The Coliseum! The only thing that is assure about humans is their own ending..or is that Stephen Hawkings thing?
    Or Einstein?

Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about th’universe!

Stephen Hawking: Humans and the earth are on the verge of an irreversible climate tipping point.

On his 75th birthday Stephen Hawking said:

"Trump's action could push the Earth over the brink, to become like Venus, with a temperature of two hundred and fifty degrees, and raining sulphuric acid."!!!!!

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at July 1, 2023 10:16 AM MDT
      June 30, 2023 11:27 AM MDT

The dumb down has been happening since the smart phone entered the market.  I have turned off movies because the characters continually used their phone.  This is crazy for society to accept.  Stop.  Throw the damn thing in the river.  Be free.
      July 1, 2023 10:15 AM MDT

The soup and nuts of it. As an example there was a couple with a baby on a bus seat and the women started talking somehow with someone and the guy goes put the thing down before I tone of voice. Just one example  IDk but mankind must progress though. Good with the bad. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at July 1, 2023 10:33 AM MDT
      July 1, 2023 10:33 AM MDT

I don't need a smart phone to be stupid...hey, wait.
      July 1, 2023 10:17 AM MDT

You probably don't have 70s liberal knowledge expansion roots like my two older brothers going 5 miles on a train to the Harvard Coop in the middle of Harvard Square where books were bought. There was one David Niven that the oldest bought but just left on the coffee table to rot. Looked and left. Too narcissist probably. Or was that Larry Niven. Probably Larry Niven. Carl Sagan book. That older brother also bought this about 1977 for Christmas. Ahh dead. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at July 1, 2023 11:04 AM MDT
      July 1, 2023 10:37 AM MDT