Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Truth to humour: "This country is in freefall plan accordingly!"?

Truth to humour: "This country is in freefall plan accordingly!"?

Posted - September 1, 2023

Responses

What humor?
      September 1, 2023 2:13 PM MDT

Yep... Facing catastrophe, there are roughly two paths of action: trying to secure oneself, even at the cost of others (which is less ethical), or trying to avert/minimize disaster (more ethical). 

I fear we have too many people who would do the former, and too few who would choose the latter. But, hey - perhaps we'll just get lucky in terms of who survives?

Edit: Incidentally, I've just seen the perfect metaphor. A photo of the destruction in Maui: 

This post was edited by Danilo_G at September 1, 2023 2:58 PM MDT
      September 1, 2023 2:51 PM MDT

I'm skeptical I think it is the too fast evolution leading to the free ride is over but is it too late and at what cost? There could be three in one super cell tornados merge and ravage the midwest. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 1, 2023 5:54 PM MDT
      September 1, 2023 5:13 PM MDT

Yes, prices are rising exponentially. A carton of cat food I paid $14.00 just a few months ago is now $25.00. Everything is now costing more, I don't know how folks with young children are able to make it.  It's is doubtful pay increases are keeping pace with the cost of living.  
      September 2, 2023 7:51 AM MDT