Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are we headed towards disaster??

Are we headed towards disaster??

Hello:

IS the crap NOT about to hit the fan?  Are the red lights NOT blinking??  Is the air NOT palpable with hate?  Trials and convictions loom on the horizon. 

Will it BE business as usual???  Uhh, NO it won't.

excon

Posted - September 18, 2023

Responses

We've been saying that for millennia, so it's about time.
      September 18, 2023 11:13 AM MDT

Depends on if we can restore election integrity to our system. If so, then we will be fine.  But if not and we continue down this road of using our justice system to punish political opposition, big pharma opposition,  endless war opposition etc, we will turn into a banana Republic and who knows what will happen then. 
      September 18, 2023 11:28 AM MDT

Only the most brainwashed MAGA cult members think Trump is innocent, that the election was rigged or that this it's all a witch hunt. We should soon start seeing a flurry of blame-shifting and finger pointing by co-conspirators and former supporters, none of whom want to do prison time for Trump. The vocal MAGA minority will not get their way.
      September 18, 2023 8:35 PM MDT

We‘re probably headed for a self-made disaster which IMO, could’ve been avoided by finding a way to abolish the two-party system.
      September 19, 2023 7:15 AM MDT

Agreed. A recent poll shows that 49% of Americans identity as Independent, but in many states they cannot vote in primaries because they are not registered with a party. Thus, they have no say in choosing candidates. Congressmen are elected by a plurality rather than a majority, so someone who does not truly represent the constituents can be elected and as we have seen, will vote along party lines. And the Electoral College adds to difficulty voters face in having their votes truly matter.
      September 19, 2023 8:25 AM MDT

The electoral college protects us.  Without it, Presidential candidates would only worry about NY, CA, FL and TX. They would not care about MO, SD or MN. This post was edited by my2cents at September 21, 2023 6:11 AM MDT
      September 19, 2023 10:25 AM MDT

Yeah we are and it won't be pretty. I think there will be weather related crop shortages around the World. Coastal cities will be lost from rising ocean levels. And lots of other awful stuff. 

Plus - lightning will attacked because something will make it go crack. And palm trees will fall into the sea - it doesn't matter much to me - as long as you're safe and I can gaze deep into your starry eyes. 

(stole that last bit from Patti Smith) No matter what happens I'm going to fight to keep my  family and  love ones safe. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at September 20, 2023 7:41 AM MDT
      September 19, 2023 8:42 AM MDT

I noticed that most of the replies are about America heading towards a political disaster. I think it is but that disaster will start to be diverted in a couple of months (mid terms) and it will no longer be a threat in 2024. Cheers! 
      September 19, 2023 9:22 AM MDT

If the question were just “Are we headed towards disaster??”  without anything written below it, I would’ve given an unserious answer which is more usual for me.  I already had one picked out.  I just decided to respond to both the discussion title and what he wrote below it.
      September 19, 2023 9:43 AM MDT

Mid terms are over. Next Federal election is 2024. 
      September 19, 2023 10:27 AM MDT