Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do treatment centers for so called caught addicts make a killing on you feeding you state controlled pharmaceuticals so they can profit?

Do treatment centers for so called caught addicts make a killing on you feeding you state controlled pharmaceuticals so they can profit?

Posted - September 24, 2023

Responses

People going through withdrawals need something to help with the symptoms such as severe cramps, the shakes, hallucinations, nausea plus other problems.  There are those who choose to go through withdrawals "cold turkey," this can be dangerous depending on the drug they were addicted to. 
      September 24, 2023 10:13 AM MDT

But, really, even the guy who works there said the pushing of drugs on people is wrong and the guy whom I went on a walk with said don't let the straights get you down.
      September 24, 2023 11:00 AM MDT

What does "don't let the straights get you down," mean?
      September 24, 2023 11:39 AM MDT

Being honest to a t, and I no lie, during out obligatory walk during my voluntary incarcerceration to get well for a month, he said straight,: Don't let the straights get you down. He was an employee at the The Mattapan Community Recovery Center. After Community service spilling tapioca in vats and using the free phone job line, I got one and started Feb 5 2005 and am still at the same job. I took a Fung Wah bus down to NYC for a 30 dollar round trip and missed their bus back so, I had to take a Greyhound for 45  dollars one way and saw the NYC long black wall and buildings to Boston. I popped in a theater on 2nd street and the movie was 26 dollars. Italian festival and closed the streets off on Feb 3 in Lower Manhattan. Giant as compared to Boston buildings. I found an abandoned little stingray bicycle which they let me store on the lower part of the bus down and rode all over Staten Island.
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 25, 2023 8:04 PM MDT
      September 25, 2023 7:49 PM MDT