Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Legal » The inevitable jailing of Donald J. Trump

The inevitable jailing of Donald J. Trump

Hello:

Trump has been ordered to stop commenting on his current legal woes.  He won't.  He thinks they won't confine him.  I think they will.   I think he's taunting the establishment..  I think he believes his jailing will set off another January 6 riot, or worse.  I think he's looking forward to it.

How bout yourself?

excon

Posted - September 28, 2023

Responses

Well I was thinking that the thought of going to jail scared Trump straight. So he is going to stop talking about his cases and start doing volunteer work at soup kitchens  - then a monkey flew out of my butt. I bet it will only be a couple of days or even a couple of hours before Trump breaks the order. I think he is fooling himself that they won't confine him. And he has already publicly stated that he will talk about the cases - so he is taunting the rule of law and he will soon find himself confined in a room with no Internet. Cheers! 
      September 28, 2023 2:34 PM MDT

One can only hope.
      September 30, 2023 2:13 PM MDT

I'll believe it when I see it.  He'll find some way to weasel out of it.  (The man is as crooked as a dog's hind leg!  He should have been in jail years ago!)
      September 28, 2023 3:21 PM MDT

Trump may be the first person elected as President while in jail. 
      September 28, 2023 5:49 PM MDT

Unless, of course, he isn’t. Seriously, why would you or anyone want that to happen?
      September 28, 2023 6:38 PM MDT

Much as I think he deserves it, I doubt Trump will ever set foot in prison.  I don't think his followers would set off another J6, but the judges are aware that there is a very real threat of violence  against individual judges,  prosecutors, and witnesses. It is a reality that they need to take very seriously - jailing him would increase this threat exponentially. If he is found guilty, (which is not a foregone conclusion- even O.J. Simpson was acquitted),  incarceration is not likely. I expect he would get a suspended sentence or felony probation.  I think we should stop focusing on punishment and concentrate on fixing the broken system that allowed him to rise to power.
      September 29, 2023 8:55 AM MDT

Namely the Republican Party.
      September 29, 2023 9:52 AM MDT

Georgia doesn't have Home D. A guilty verdict there and he's toast.
      September 30, 2023 8:16 PM MDT

They do have suspended sentences and felony probation, so he could evade prison time. 
      October 1, 2023 4:45 AM MDT

Hello S:

See below:

GA Code § 17-6-1.1 (2022)

In addition to other methods of posting bail or as special condition of bond, a defendant may be released from custody pending the trial of his or her case on the condition that the defendant comply with the terms and conditions of an electronic pretrial release and monitoring program which is approved pursuant to subsection (j) of this Code section. The sheriff of a county may enter into agreements with such approved providers.

excon
      October 1, 2023 9:36 AM MDT

He is not going to jail.  There will not be a shootout with officers and Secret Service.  Sorry but you can always keep dreaming about it.
      October 1, 2023 5:13 AM MDT