Discussion » Questions » Business » If you could make one request of your employer, without fear of retaliation, that would make your job more productive, what would it be?

If you could make one request of your employer, without fear of retaliation, that would make your job more productive, what would it be?

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

If I still worked I would ask him/her to resign.
      November 10, 2016 1:31 PM MST

• That a co-worker stopped pestering me several times a day for a date. It's a general complaint about him and is getting very distracting. I know one woman left the company solely on this account. He needs proper counselling. The only problem is that guy is from my Chairman's family.
      November 11, 2016 8:51 AM MST

Ha ha.  Neelie, you should say yes.  Then make it so he never asks again.     Be the date from hell.  Pretend you have the flu or a cold and keep sneezing all night.  For starters.  Don't wear deodorant.  Wear the worst outfit you can think of.  And make sure your hair looks ridiculous.  Cry a lot and talk about your mom or something.  Oh and make sure you eat a ton of raw garlic.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 11, 2016 9:20 AM MST
      November 11, 2016 8:56 AM MST

• You are funny, Sharonna. Thank you.
      November 11, 2016 9:10 AM MST

It sounds good, but I know he would probably get you fired. 
      November 11, 2016 9:19 AM MST

• I'm much more senior to him in age as well as in position in the office. But the family connection is the major hindrance. 
      November 11, 2016 9:48 AM MST

Of COURSE, Neelie, I got that.  As in  YOU cannot win.  I wonder.  If you have seniority, are you close with ANY of his family?  Maybe you could speak to them about this guy and how he is alienating half the staff?

I know you need to tread carefully.  I just hate people misusing their authority this way and making it miserable to go to work. 
      November 11, 2016 10:08 AM MST

HUH, it's the OTHER way around. She could get HIM fired for sexual harassment. 
      November 11, 2016 11:54 PM MST

I love the garlic thingy.
      November 12, 2016 7:46 AM MST

• That's terrible!!!  You might even have a lawsuit on your hands. Just sayin'.
      November 11, 2016 9:21 AM MST

She could sue and at least embarrass him, but she will not have a job she wants to return to.  I promise.  They may not be able to fire her outright, but they can make it so she cannot stand to show up any longer. 

And she needs proof.  And she needs witnesses.  And it is just not worth it, unless everyone decides to take a stand.  And asking for a date is not really something a judge is going to rule against.  It is too "mild".   It would need to be proven that he was harassing her and stalking her.  A date is slightly crossing the line but  unless the whole office (and we know how cowardly groups are that do not want to get involved) stood behind her.

Fat chance.  If that were normal, we would not be talking about this new President nobody wanted but did nothing about stopping. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 11, 2016 10:24 AM MST
      November 11, 2016 10:11 AM MST

• I know how the law and courts work.  That's why I said a possible case.
      November 11, 2016 10:14 AM MST

Exactly GLIS.  They don't.  They just don't work.  Not to anyone who is innocent's automatic advantage.  That just never seems to happen. 
      November 11, 2016 10:17 AM MST

• It's not that bleak Sharonna.  

"Not to anyone who is innocent's automatic advantage. "

Explain please?
      November 11, 2016 10:39 AM MST

• Suing is out of the question. I love my work, my chairman, and my colleagues too much. It's just this one guy who badly needs a woman. Otherwise as a person he's quite okay. Good in his work. 
      November 11, 2016 5:47 PM MST

• Tell him to try a hooker and leave you alone...lol
      November 11, 2016 5:53 PM MST

• I think he suspects people think he's gay,  and wants to give them a different impression. He hits on me because in our past conversations he found me "very understanding". But now he's taking it to ridiculous lengths. 
      November 11, 2016 6:01 PM MST

• Ohhhh, yeah.  That old chestnut of a situation. 

Do you see what being social and nice to people does Neelie? 
      November 11, 2016 6:16 PM MST

Have your S/O kick his ass.
      November 12, 2016 7:48 AM MST