Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Did we get left behind?

Did we get left behind?

Serious answers aren’t required.

Here’s an explanation of this question:

I have a few religious people in my family (Christians) who believe that there are only going to be 6000 years of human history, then the saints will be taken up to heaven and the sinners would be left behind, then there would be 1000 years of world peace.  It doesn’t really look like we’ve been having world peace for the last 123 years.

I see two obvious questions right away.  First, I have absolutely no idea how people even get that out of the Bible.  I’ve read it and I would never come up with that in a million years.

Second, if it’s true, what happened on 1 December 1900 at 14:40 GMT?  How did we miss Judgement Day?

If you project back the dates of the events in the Bible, the first day of Creation would have been 20 October 4101 BCE at 16:00 GMT.  One year is 365 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes and 16 seconds so when I add those two together, I get 1 December 1900 at 14:40 GMT.

Posted - November 16, 2023

Responses

Sorry, but there is no rapture in the Bible. 
    Jesus is going to return to the Earth....we are not leaving.  This is when the world will have the 1,000 yrs of peace. Jesus is the only ruler who can do that....no human government could. 

I have heard the 6000 yrs theory but never saw how they got that out of just the Bible. I think they were using other books to do it. 
      November 17, 2023 5:57 AM MST

That's all human devised nonsense.  

* No one knows the exact time Judgement will be except God Himself (Matthew 24:36).
    * When it does happen EVERYONE will know (Revelation 1:7).
    * One cannot get the exact day and time of creation (even using the bible); there are too many missing variables. 

November 17, 2023 9:44 AM MST

Is that in Revelations? "The sinners would be left behind, then there would be 1000 years of world peace." I can get behind that. Sounds like a hell of a party.
      November 17, 2023 12:24 PM MST