Discussion » Questions » Politics » I am so jealous. Can we do this in the US?

I am so jealous. Can we do this in the US?

Posted - February 14

Responses

If you could see how paper ballots were handled you might change your mind.  Many years ago I volunteered at a polling place.  Everywhere I looked after the voting closed, there were so, so many opportunities for dishonest dealings and fraud, I truly was shocked.  This post was edited by . at February 15, 2024 7:44 AM MST
      February 14, 2024 6:04 PM MST

I have not. But I have family that has, I know my deceased Grandfather was on the register for at least 5 yrs after his death.  But they did say no one tried to vote in person as him anyway. 

But even with computer counting, there are still paper ballots. And a dishonest person would have more opportunities because te process is quicker with computers. 

February 14, 2024 6:23 PM MST

What I saw was locked ballot boxes, however one person had the key and put the box in their personal "car", then waited in a "long" line of cars to drop the box off.  I was in one of those cars and saw it all first hand.  Plenty of time for dishonest people in the car to mess with the ballots, no one would be the wiser.  I was horrified at the lack of security, I'm still not over it all these years later. 
      February 14, 2024 7:36 PM MST

They have to store the ballots even in their locked boxes, then get them to their permanent storage place. How would you have preferred that be accomplished? 
    An armored car sent for them? Store them inside until that car gets there? 
    Or how would you recommend?
      February 15, 2024 10:25 AM MST

I know, it was an awful way to do things.  In that respect, the electronic voting makes more sense. 
      February 15, 2024 4:36 PM MST

I disagree.  All electronic voting leaves no audit trail to verify election integrity. 
      February 15, 2024 5:07 PM MST

Oh no, I was not aware of that, yikes, that's scary for sure. 
      February 15, 2024 5:14 PM MST