Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How 'woke' are you?

How 'woke' are you?

Posted - March 3

Responses

Woke can mean a lot of different things, can you be more specific? To be cont...

This post was edited by . at March 4, 2024 7:29 PM MST
      March 3, 2024 8:26 PM MST

I am AWAKE....I am not woke in any way.

This post was edited by my2cents at March 4, 2024 5:49 PM MST
      March 4, 2024 8:32 AM MST

This is an interesting move. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/02/university-florida-diversity-equity-inclusion-positions
      March 4, 2024 5:51 PM MST

This will end up at SCOTUS if Congress does not clear the definitions. They are going to have to define the terms for Title X. 

James may have some campaign finance issues as well.  Houghton college in NY will be next on her list to attack.  This post was edited by my2cents at March 5, 2024 8:45 AM MST
      March 5, 2024 7:54 AM MST

These extreme examples do not accurately reflect transgender people. While a volunteer in a surgical waiting room, I encountered many transgender persons. The only way I knew they were transgender was that they had to use their legal name for undergoing surgery. An attractive woman answering to Emma, might be identified in the patient list as Eric. I honestly can't wrap my head around transgenderism, but I accept that it is real. If that makes me woke, so be it. Woke is not a bad thing.
      March 4, 2024 9:55 AM MST

know that the pronoun thing, grinds my gears; they, them etc.  If I was in an arranged marriage with a transgender man, I would never voluntarily usurp his right and privilege of being the husband, unless he wanted the roles reversed. Therefore during the marriage ceremony, his standing next to me as the husband, dressed in his work attire, not a dress, would only be proper as I'd be taking his last name.  The next day however, his living and dressing as a trans person would be fine with me, as I understand that is who he is inside, no problem at all with that. 

Of course, if he wanted to be the bride, I'm sure we could work something out.

After giving it some thought I think I would want to be the bride, it wouldn't be fair if he got to be the husband AND the bride, might as well marry himself then, lol.

This post was edited by . at March 5, 2024 7:50 AM MST
      March 4, 2024 2:49 PM MST

Those are horrible examples of a transgender person, by the way.
      March 4, 2024 3:30 PM MST

Meant to be...shock and humor value.
      March 4, 2024 7:26 PM MST

Mission accomplished!
      March 4, 2024 8:12 PM MST

I see, and hear, lots of variations and definitions to the term "woke."

For me, I try to respect all people. I can say I've lived this way my whole life.

Whatever that may mean to anyone else.
      March 4, 2024 7:31 PM MST