Discussion » General » Science & Technology » What are your thoughts on the antitrust lawsuit against Apple?

What are your thoughts on the antitrust lawsuit against Apple?

Posted - March 21

Responses

I'm of two minds on this one.  Apple has put a great deal of money into the research and development of its products.  As a result, they should not have to make the technology open to every other producer.  I do believe, however, that repairs to their products should be able to be done by others who may be able to make them in a less expensive manner.  In a way, perhaps it should be like big pharm companies which get patents for a finite number of years before generics come to market.
      March 22, 2024 9:54 AM MDT

I don't really know where I  land on this one. It's nice to hear what others think.
      March 22, 2024 11:14 AM MDT

It's kind of a complex issue.
      March 22, 2024 11:18 AM MDT

I think Apple should not be allowed to trap their customers into only using their products for other services that maybe available cheaper or offer differnt options from 3rd party suppliers. 

ie. Cloud storage, messaging apps, search engines etc. 

I understand Apple says their products will work together via using just their products but that should be a selling point for the customer to decide they want, not something they are locked into using.  

Personally, I do not own any Apple products. I prefer Andriod for my phone.  And do not link them to my computer or anything else.
      March 22, 2024 10:40 AM MDT

Seems reasonable. 
      March 22, 2024 11:14 AM MDT

I own no apple products, so I don't care.
      March 22, 2024 11:08 AM MDT

Microsoft did the same thing with windows. 
      March 22, 2024 1:32 PM MDT

Maybe some Apple turnovers may happen.

(Sorry. I know that is stupid. It's what I thought of. I have challenges comprehending much of business details to give a coherent answer..)
      March 23, 2024 5:58 PM MDT