Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Anyone interested in sharing another recent unusual experience that happened to WelbyQuentin? If not, I don't care. Ha!

Anyone interested in sharing another recent unusual experience that happened to WelbyQuentin? If not, I don't care. Ha!

Setting: WQ's second story floor of his house, set in a rural mid-sized community
             In his bathroom, about 8:00am, where he was doing scattered cleaning after showering
             Bathroom window was open, from which one can see the sky, various other homes' roofs, trees, buildings
             A clear, SO-very-comfortable light, breeze coming through window

WQ was listening to his favorite band -- Simple Minds
Their ""Once Upon a Time" album

'Ghost Dancing' song started playing

And, suddenly, in the midst of the song, outside, somewhere near the window, a single  bird began singing/chirping/vocalizing along with Simple Minds' lead singer Jim Kerr and rest of Simple Minds

Thsi bird was not just mindlessly chirping -- the bird was singing along, accenting and supporting the band

I had literal body chills during the song

The bird stopped vocalizing when the song ended

Here's the song:  'Ghost Dancing'    

(If anything, check out the eyes of the guy at bottom center -- beautiful to me!!)

Posted - May 16

Responses

Famed movie director Randall D Randall has the theme music from “The Twilight Zone” cue up right at that moment, and orders his star, Welby Quentin, stare ominously into the camera, holding that gaze for a long count “ . . . aaaaand, CUT! That’s a wrap, people! Get it over to post-production immediately and let’s call it a day. Everyone be back here at 4 am tomorrow for the obligatory sex scene. Grrrrrrr.”
      ~

May 16, 2024 6:37 AM MDT

You made me really smile.  :)
      May 16, 2024 6:39 PM MDT

Cool!
      May 16, 2024 7:50 AM MDT

It was, indeed, really cool Never heard anything quite like it. :)
      May 16, 2024 6:38 PM MDT

That would have been great to hear.
      May 16, 2024 5:50 PM MDT

It was great to me, yes.
    Like hearing a conversation between the bird and the band. 
    :)
      May 16, 2024 6:38 PM MDT

I love experiences with nature like this! 

May 17, 2024 3:04 AM MDT

It was out of the ordinary for me, for sure. The fact that the bird drew my attention when I was just doing a bunch of this-and-that cleaning in bathroom --  interesting to me.
      May 19, 2024 5:30 PM MDT

You are officially a 'bird whisperer'.
      May 17, 2024 12:54 PM MDT

:) Ha!

But I'm thinking more that lead singer Jim Kerr, and all of Simple Minds, are the whisperers.  :)
      May 19, 2024 5:31 PM MDT

Seems to me like that bird should sue for plagiarism! 

Awesome experience, Welbz!
      May 20, 2024 1:30 PM MDT

It certainly drew my attention in the few moments it happened. :)

I was thinking maybe the opposite as far as plagiarism -- I'm gong to have to listen closely to the neighborhood birds - - and if the local 'The ByrdsBirds' group that appear at a local bar start singing their version of 'Ghost Dancing," I'll let Jim Kerr and Simple Minds know!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 24, 2024 7:19 PM MDT
      May 22, 2024 9:17 AM MDT