Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Do not ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". Ridiculous! Who believes that crap any more? Why not?

"Do not ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". Ridiculous! Who believes that crap any more? Why not?

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

I believe it, and it's not crap. I would say why, but that's pointless.
      November 13, 2016 2:06 PM MST

You clearly do not recognize sarcasm when you see it. I am being very sarcastic. Most people today, probably including you, are more interested in what's in it for them than giving a rat's a** about what they can give. The result is this question., Now that you KNOW I was being sarcastic would you like to change your reply or not give a rat's a** either?  Why is that do you suppose?
      November 14, 2016 5:56 AM MST

Sadly, Rosie, sarcasm doesn't show up well in a post, unless you add a note that you are being sarcastic. 
      November 14, 2016 6:29 AM MST

I don't believe that was sarcasm at all, judging by your other posts. You really think you know about me, and could judge me? I'm interested in what's best for the country, not what I can get. I support smaller government, free market principles. In other words the opposite of what the progressives want. Why would I change my answer?
      November 14, 2016 8:01 AM MST

Words of an imperfect man, who at the time no one knew what a sexual predator he was. 
      November 13, 2016 10:55 PM MST

I happen to think it is a magnificent statement Autumn. Magnificent. There has never  been one that was more inspiring to me personally that one. JJohn Fitzgerald Kennedy was the first president I was old enough to vote for. He was assassinated so we will never know what great things he might have done.  I don't condone the sexual misbehavior at all. It was very disappointing to me to find that out about him. But I believe in those words and their meaning. Too many people are takers. Maybe most people are. They dom't have any intention of giving anything to anyone. all their effort is focused on what's in it for them. That is not my cuppa tea. Thank you for your  reply and Happy Monday! :)
      November 14, 2016 5:54 AM MST

He was a big fan of tax cuts. He would be closer to being a republican than a democrat today.
      November 14, 2016 7:47 AM MST

I have always said that too.  Really upsets some people.
      November 14, 2016 8:14 AM MST

• Yea, its tripe.
      November 14, 2016 1:28 AM MST

Many people don't believe that anymore if they ever did. Many simply want what they can get and vote that way. 

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
      November 14, 2016 6:16 AM MST

Still relevant today, though some feel that it is what they can get FROM the Government!
      November 14, 2016 6:32 AM MST

If we think about service to society instead of what we are entitled to, supposedly that is the key to paradise on earth.

However, we need to at least attempt to try this out before we can judge whether or not it is a valid idea.  So far not nearly enough takers.
      November 14, 2016 8:19 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

I believe it.  Because this country has given me a lot, and I'm indebted to it.

excon
      November 14, 2016 8:24 AM MST