Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Are you reading any books? (when not on answermug, naturally) If so, what book/books?

Are you reading any books? (when not on answermug, naturally) If so, what book/books?

I just finished King Leopold's Ghost by Adam Hochschild. Now I'm onto The Anatomy of Disgust by William Ian Miller.

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

I am reading a lot of text books so that takes away from my other book time.  I just re-read a bunch of Ann Rule True Crime stories.  I read a book by a Sai Baba devotee that was good and I am reading Paul of Dune. 

Shiatsu is taking up most of my time.  Memorizing this Chinese stuff is driving me insane. 
      November 13, 2016 10:31 PM MST

Paul of Dune, huh? Funny, I just ordered the first Dune book off of Amazon to start reading. It kept popping up on my searches of the greatest scifi/space odyssey books of all time, so I thought why not try it? It will be my first entry into the Dune universe, so I'm looking forward to getting around to it. I just wish I read faster. Every time I start a good book, I stumble upon another that seems even more interesting in the moment. 
      November 13, 2016 10:38 PM MST

• I have just finished Bill Shakes "Othello" and have started "Macbeth". They are mediocre rubbish but I enjoy them still.
      November 14, 2016 1:24 AM MST

Finished reading these recently:

The Escape - David Baldacci
    The Survivor - Vince Flynn
    NYPD Red 4 - James Patterson
    Te Stranger - Harlan Coben
      November 14, 2016 9:40 AM MST

• Picture of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde
    Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky
      November 16, 2016 2:16 AM MST

•   November 16, 2016 2:49 AM MST
  • KB

Just finished "In Harm's Way" and accounting of the last days of the USS Indianapolis which was sunk just weeks before the end of WWII.  Due to bureaucratic inertia and (IMHO) incompetence by the Navy,vno one knew itvhas been sunk, much less were it was or where it was supposed to be   The crew survived a week in the water with no water, no food, life jackets becoming waterlogged and ferocious shark attacks.  

Now beginning "The Seascape Tattoo", which is a fantasy novel.   

December 3, 2016 2:20 PM MST