Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Let's say someone comes into your yard and steals a shovel. You don't report it, because it was a shovel.. Next time, they steal your car!

Let's say someone comes into your yard and steals a shovel. You don't report it, because it was a shovel.. Next time, they steal your car!

Hello:

Is it true, that since you DIDN'T report the shovel theft, you SHOULDN'T report the car theft??? 

In terms of Russia hacking us, right wingers are saying that very thing, aren't they??  Is that nuts, or what?

excon

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

Happy New Year excon.

Thanks for the gift.
    Not sure the comparisons relate. Yes stealing is stealing but the risk of the shovel being used to tunnel under your house to gain entry is pretty low.
    The risk of damage from the hacking is very high.
    Not sure which right wingers are saying we should give Russia a pass on the hackings.

January 2, 2017 8:09 AM MST

Happy New Year, D:

Your president is the one who LOVES Putin..  Your ordinary right winger, like John McCain, DOESN'T.

excon
      January 2, 2017 8:13 AM MST

It's a matter of priorities , if you knew of all the things going on with intelligence from all counties that the C.I.A. is aware of you would be shocked.
      McCain should get involved with his State of Arizona to stop illegal immigration, Obama and Hillary want more to come in why not worry about that?
      January 2, 2017 2:16 PM MST

• I do sometimes find it hilariously funny the lengths people will go to in order to maintain a fiction.  :)

So far as I'm aware this is the first successful attempt to manipulate a superpower's elections by another power.  I have to say it was very skillfully done with minimal outlay and in a way, I can see the reasons for the Russians to do it (and it's not just, 'because they can').

This is something that should be a concern of anyone who lives in what passes for democracy.  However, I think it fair evidence that the ego trumps everything when I see people giving a merry shrug and making excuses.  I suspect Russia will be emboldened by such attitudes, not deflected or discouraged.  

Quite what they will be emboldened to do is beyond me, but previous history and current events indicate more - and more serious - interference in other states.  Given their proximity to China, India and Europe that should be avoided, but I gave up all hope for US foreign policy a long time ago.  :)
      January 2, 2017 9:08 AM MST

i dont think anyone should be stealing anything and if they do they should be reported
      January 2, 2017 1:55 PM MST