Karen
DaydreambelieverTrumpDisbeliever
SapphicHeart
ProblemCh1ld
thundercatmartin
Lulu'sMom
Andy B
Wisdom Tooth
CLURT
Austrans
Michel H
Merlin
Ancient One
Ozgirl 256
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you have a subscription to the online "National Review Magazine"?

Do you have a subscription to the online "National Review Magazine"?

I like magazines---all kinds. I buy them all the time and have a few subscriptions. The "National Review" has a free subscription for one year. I signed up for it, but I'm not sure I like it. It is way toooooo conservative for me. I do take another "conservative" magazine called "The Week", but they are more informative than "bat-****" crazy. So tell me your opinion about "National Review". I don't want to pull my hair out with them. Are they legit?

• 757
    I don't subscribe to online political magazines - I just read stuff, usually through links from realclearpolitics.com.
    0

• 1371
    No I don't.
    0

• 861
    No, I don't. Sometimes it's free for a year because that's the only way anyone will read it ;)

If you're interested in a magazine that promotes informative, albeit opposing viewpoints, the Mises Institute is an excellent choice. They post dailies, but also highly informative classic works from libertarian and some conservative economists, columnists and other educated thinkers on a variety of topics. It's also free.
    0

• 165
    The Week, if we're referring to the same thing, is hardly conservative. It tries hard to be middle of the road but leans slightly to the left. It comes in the mail weekly. Compiles news and features from other sources. Always very colorful artwork on the front cover. No advertising. No original reporting.
    0

• 2977
    The Weekly Standard is legit. It is conservative. But they don't like Trump maybe you will be able to stomach them. They even had an issue in the primaries dedicated to how Trump should not be the nominee. They had all the "talking heads" in it saying how Trump was unworthy.  But they may have warmed up to him by now.
    0