Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think that it will be Trumps tweets that get him impeached?

Do you think that it will be Trumps tweets that get him impeached?

This morning I was reading about how Trump might have already put himself in a position to be impeached. Now that he is President ever thing he say's to the public has to be documented and if he makes a tweet then decides to delete it he has to first make a backup or copy of it. Even if he makes a spelling mistake and decides to correct it he has to first make a copy of the original. Apparently on Saturday he deleted a tweet and if he didn't back it up he could already be an impeached President walking. I'm sure it will take more then one little mistake to get him impeached but I think he will eventually tweet something that will get the process started. Cheers!

Posted - January 22, 2017

Responses

• Interesting thought.. lol it made me smile and made me feel all warm and fuzzy.. the very thought of the Trump being kicked out of office.. I'd love AMerica and AMericans for ever if they had the guts to do that.. 

My personal opinion is that already he has done a whole shed load of things that would be grounds for impeachment. His keeping his business for a start... we all know he has! HIs tweets, his bad business deals where he has several lawsuits, the many women who claim he assaulted or raped them, it would only take one who could prove it, etc etc etc.. 

I take comfort in the fact he might get impeached... I just have to hope America will
      January 22, 2017 1:36 PM MST

• One can only hope ...
      January 22, 2017 2:20 PM MST

I don't think tweets are considered government property. So therefore not subject to archiving rules. 
      January 22, 2017 2:30 PM MST

• That's interesting m2c - i would have thought it would be similar to the thing that happened with Clinton's office/staff and the emails... the problem was that she, or rather a member of her staff had allegedly tried to *hide* it by using a private server? So removing tweets isn't the same as deleting emails? Thanks in advance for your help in aiding my understanding in this.
      January 22, 2017 3:01 PM MST

By law emails are supposed to be preserved. I don't believe the law has been amended to include tweets, yet. But I am sure it will be in the future.

It was Clinton herself not a staff member, the private server was in her home. They should never have been on a private server. This post was edited by my2cents at January 22, 2017 5:55 PM MST
      January 22, 2017 5:52 PM MST

• Many thanks :)  I thought that the second round of investigations, the ones allegedly hacked by the Russians were found to be from a chief in staff or something?  
      January 23, 2017 8:12 AM MST

Yes that is different from the private email server. 
    There is the:
    1 Deleted government emails from private server
    2 Hacked emails leaked to wiki leaks (Podesta's emails, H Clinton's campaign manager)
    3 Emails on Uma Aboline (Anthony Weiner's wife and H Clinton personal assistant) had gov emails on personal computer (this is what causes FBI Comey to reopen case #1 and send the letter notifying Congress)
      January 23, 2017 8:20 AM MST

Methink he will do something severe that will tempt Dems to call for impeachment but they will fail. Slippery is he.
      January 22, 2017 2:48 PM MST

No, it won't be his tweets that will get him impeached.  Mike Pence and Paul Ryan have other plans for that.
      January 22, 2017 2:57 PM MST

have no idea, havent heard about it
      January 22, 2017 3:48 PM MST

I doubt he will be impeached for words, spoken or written but for illegal actions he instigates or causes in the name of the presidency. 
      January 22, 2017 4:15 PM MST

• Nah. His tweets certainly show him to be crass and unworthy of the high office of POTUS but it's his ineptitude that will bring him down. 

Once it becomes clear what his limitations are, once he starts to push the US into impossible situations, even when it's revealed that he will use his office to further his personal fortune, the challenges will come. 

Damocles only had to sit under the sword for a single day; Trump has to keep his fingers crossed for four years. It's not gonna happen.
      January 22, 2017 5:26 PM MST

Who introduced him to Twitter anyway?
    Or was he always into it?
      January 22, 2017 6:46 PM MST