Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you ever have ANY independent thoughts that contradict what your "groupthink" dogma is? Do you DARE tell folks or do you stifle it? Why?

Do you ever have ANY independent thoughts that contradict what your "groupthink" dogma is? Do you DARE tell folks or do you stifle it? Why?

Posted - February 8, 2017

Responses

That is how I became a Trump supporter. 
      February 8, 2017 6:44 AM MST

• I think most people can guess I am definitely not a group thinker.. I take on board other people's ideas but I am not afraid to stand up and be different.. 

In my experience the Trump supporters seem particularly prone to believing dogma, rally cries, and even downright lies.. I have observed, ( I am a people watcher by nature, interested in psychology and people's motives and motivations) that many of the Trumpeteers as I now call them, seem of an ilk.. of the same mould, they all think certain things, and they all seem to think it in the same way..  Further I have observed a worrying trend on the part of many Trumpeteers to blindly believe alternative facts and conspiracy theories. Which I guess is exactly why the Trumpet, or Trumpeter and his nutso team put out their insane lies that no reasoning person would believe.. they do it cos there are people who do believe it, and do so quite readily it seems.. 

All I can say is that it's hard to see how this unfortunate phenomenon occurs
      February 8, 2017 8:13 AM MST

• Hi Rosie. I don't do "groupthink" but it's not always appropriate to sound off, either. "Don't cast your pearls before swine" was good advice from a guy who would have lived longer if he'd taken his own advice.
      February 8, 2017 9:05 AM MST

depends on what group im with
      February 8, 2017 9:34 AM MST