Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » When you buy something and it doesn't performan as expected do you dump it/return it/diddle with it/shelf it? Why?

When you buy something and it doesn't performan as expected do you dump it/return it/diddle with it/shelf it? Why?

Posted - February 15, 2017

Responses

Are you kidding.  I love his Valentines Day presents to me.  They are perfect.  Smooch to him :  )
      February 15, 2017 7:09 AM MST

No sweetie. I wasn't talking about a Valentine's Day gift from your honey. I mean in general.  For example my Jim will return EVERYTHING that doesn't meet his expectations. Me? Well  I'm not as fussy as he is so if it kinda sorta works I'm good with it. If it didn't cost much I either shelf it or dump it if Jim can't fix it.  That's what I mean. Now he is very good at fixing things so he might diddle with whatever it is and make it work. He has done that more than a few times. Me? I don't fix things. I break them. Not on purpose. I just am not that kind of fixer. So did I clear it up for you? Thank you for reply Star and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 15, 2017 9:27 AM MST
      February 15, 2017 7:13 AM MST

I do what Jim does.
      February 15, 2017 1:14 PM MST

Personally, I would return it, and expect a replacement or refund. I don't know about the USA, but UK law is very much on the consumer's side. I have taken faulty products back. Shops set you right without much hassle. Generally, though, you do need a receipt.
      February 15, 2017 7:42 AM MST

• Depends on how let down I am in the product and how much I spent on it. 
      February 15, 2017 9:28 AM MST