Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » If you eat pancakes, or have done, do you have them rolled up, flat or presented some other way? Have you ever eaten them stacked up?

If you eat pancakes, or have done, do you have them rolled up, flat or presented some other way? Have you ever eaten them stacked up?

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

• You really like pancakes, huh? 
      February 28, 2017 3:12 PM MST

Oh it will let me reply now.
    I just got on an asking frenzy there and had a few ideas I wanted to put out there :-)
      February 28, 2017 3:42 PM MST

• Nice :) carry on then :)
      February 28, 2017 3:45 PM MST

stacked up is the only way to eat them. With butter and syrup between each layer.
      February 28, 2017 3:18 PM MST

I eat them two ways. Rolled up, dipped in syrup or with peanut butter on each layer, with applesauce on the whole thing. Sounds weird but it's really good. It's my cousin from Texas, it's his fault.
      February 28, 2017 3:20 PM MST

• Yep ..... Weird;) I like weird people though .... Hi dragonfly!!!!! I'm really hyper .... drank 8 cups of coffee and forced sit still 7 hours .... In a row... NO PANCAKES! Waffles :)  
      February 28, 2017 3:28 PM MST

Hey Jaimie. I'm drawn to weird people. :) How's it going my friend?  Tell me you ran around a bit at lunch. Do they know you're ready to become undone? They gave you a small toy and some olives right? TELL ME YOU ARE HOLDING A GLASS OF WINE.........I'm scared...0_0 LOL
      February 28, 2017 3:35 PM MST

• Hi :) rarely see you here :/ miss you my weird friend :p no toy :(or run around:( or sing Justin beiber " baby" songs into pen during meetings to annoy co workers and amuse myself :( MEH! cos off site today .... I'm losing my mind so why on here ... They putting me up in hotel tonight though .... No long drive ... So there will be wine tonight ... Cos I said so :)
      February 28, 2017 3:43 PM MST

I'm glad there is wine in your near future. Also glad you won't need to drive.
    I know!!! I miss being here. Have a bit going on that has been taking up my time. I'll stop in, like I have now. Although I really do have to take off again. I'll catch up with you soon. Coz I said so.  :)))
      February 28, 2017 3:56 PM MST

• hope all is well with you :) talk soon  :)
      February 28, 2017 4:02 PM MST

Doesn't sound that weird to me. And I'm English. Can't say I've ever had them like that though. 
      February 28, 2017 3:44 PM MST

Try them, they are really lovely. The applesauce keeps the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of your mouth.
      February 28, 2017 3:59 PM MST

• Oh DragonFly I did NOT know about the weirdness until now...liking you better all the time...

February 28, 2017 6:40 PM MST

You are such a kind person, Virginia. Have a good day. :))
      March 1, 2017 7:25 AM MST

• I like Indian pancakes made from ground rice and split peas, dosas.  They a folded and stuffed with seasoned potatoes and topped with chutney.
      February 28, 2017 3:39 PM MST

Oh, I wonder if they are quite different to the pancakes we have here. (Here, for me is England). I actually use rice flour I think it is, because gluten does not always agree with my tummy. 

I've never heard of them eaten like that. Thank you - interesting.

Have you have what we called ground rice which is made with warm milk and sugar too as a pudding?(/dessert) I'm not sure how many people living here have heard of it.
      February 28, 2017 3:46 PM MST

• What you describe sounds like a version of rice pudding. All the rice pudding I have had is with whole rice.
      February 28, 2017 4:05 PM MST

My tummy wasn't good. I am having them tomorrow instead! You said honey and then you said no carbs ;) hahaha
      February 28, 2017 3:48 PM MST

• Stacked with butter, maple syrup and an over-easy egg between each layer.
      February 28, 2017 4:12 PM MST

I take them just like ALF.
      February 28, 2017 4:14 PM MST

• I usually just eat them flat one at a time, but I have had them stacked to about three. :)
      February 28, 2017 6:00 PM MST

Oatmeal Ginger Pancakes

Makes one serving

1 cup quick oatmeal, whizzed in a blender
    1 TBSP sugar
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1 egg, beaten
    1 TBSP powdered milk*
    1 cup water*

*Or liquid milk, or buttermilk, or water alone if you prefer

Warm a frying pan over medium heat.
    Mix the dry ingredients, then add the liquids.
    Add more water until the mix is pourable. Stir well.
    Divide into four equal parts.
    Put non stick spray in the pan and pour the batter in a circular motion.

NOTE: When cooking regular pancakes you watch the bubbles form, break, and fill in. When you notice some bubbles don't fill in after breaking, it's time to turn. But with this recipe you wait until nearly ALL the bubbles have broken and not filled in.
      February 28, 2017 6:30 PM MST

• Hi PurpleGem,

Well I want you to know that, thanks to your brilliant Q here, I am having pancakes tonight (HOTcakes as known here in the timber outback of SW Washington State...)

...and I will use Jewels Vern Oatmeal Ginger recipe, with applesauce and peanut butter as described by DragonFly...haven't decided about rolling them up, prolly not just get right down to business!
      February 28, 2017 6:45 PM MST

Hard to say really.......our mums pancakes never lasted long enough to stack or roll up to find out.....also with six kids and my dad all fighting over them our mum could hardly keep up ....   :)p
      February 28, 2017 6:58 PM MST