Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Travel » There are new restrictions on the size of electronic devices you can bring with you on the plane heading non-stop for America. Did you know?

There are new restrictions on the size of electronic devices you can bring with you on the plane heading non-stop for America. Did you know?

The new restrictions so far are limited to plane whose flights originate from the following airports

Royal Jordanian
Egypt Air
Turkish Airlines
Saudi Arabian Airlines
Kuwait Airways
Royal Air Maroc
Qatar Airways
Emirates
Etihad Airways

Ever flown on any of them?

Posted - March 22, 2017

Responses

havent heard about that but then i havent flown lately
      March 22, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

Thanks pearl.
      March 23, 2017 2:38 AM MDT

• I'm pretty sure British Airways is on that list too.
      March 22, 2017 11:26 PM MDT

I read something about that m'dear. The Brits have a list of airports too but it isn't exactly the same as the list of countries for the US . Of course the terrorist attack near Parliament on Wednesday will make things much tighter for them as well as the rest of us. I don't know if the world is now in for constant continued terrorist  attacks in selected spots. I guess we'll find out. Sadly. Thank you for your reply Yogafan.  Do you travel by air much?
      March 23, 2017 2:38 AM MDT

• I'm afraid things will only be tighter for a while, there will be lots of pretty speeches but nothing seems to change.  I do think we are in for constant attacks, I heard that in Antwerp an attack was just foiled, the police stopped a car carrying explosives and weapons headed for the busiest shopping area.

I do travel quite a lot between here and the UK and I have to be honest that I always scrutinize the other passengers before I get on the plane.

March 23, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

Oh dear. Okey dokey then. I shall keep you in my thoughts and surround you with protective covering. But sometimes the "nicest" people can be the most dangerous. I expect if you travel a lot you are pretty good at sizing people up! Thank you for your reply Yogafan! :)
      March 24, 2017 7:51 AM MDT