Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » JSometimes stating the obvious can be helpful. Sometimes "the obvious" isn't obvious to others. Why is that?

JSometimes stating the obvious can be helpful. Sometimes "the obvious" isn't obvious to others. Why is that?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

Stupidity? Brainwashed?
      March 23, 2017 8:56 AM MDT

How about ignorance? One might simply be unaware of something and having no background or factual information to go with an opinion. For example. Me. I used to think folks who had lots of tattoos were tough and scary and should be avoided. I judged those books by their covers. Now people KNOW "you shouldn't judge a book by its cover" and "appearances can be deceiving". YET we do judge by appearance. When my apartment needed repainting two painters showed up and were there for three days. The head guy had tattoos all over the parts of his body that were exposed including his neck. He was in his 40's and very strong/sturdy looking. We'd chat from time to time and guess what? We had a lot in common! Taste in music (jazz and classical). Taste in authors. I ended up on day two and day three making lunch for him and his helper. He was a former Marine and very intelligent and very nice. At the end of the three days we hugged. I very much enjoyed meeting him and he changed my entire perception of people with tattoos. I never asked him about them. He never offered an explanation. I swear by the end of the 3rd day I no longer noticed them!  So there ya go! Proof positive. Thank you for your reply Addb.
      March 25, 2017 4:45 AM MDT

March 23, 2017 11:43 AM MDT

Or you can look outside at the snow and the icicles and read the thermometer which is at zero and save yourself the discomfort. Thank you for your reply and the graphic and Happy Saturday to thee Randy! :)
      March 25, 2017 4:37 AM MDT

You're welcome. 
      March 25, 2017 5:33 AM MDT

:):):)
      March 25, 2017 5:35 AM MDT