Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Royalty. Dynasty. Family. Is Trump and his family our American royalty? Are they what defines us? Can you relate to them? On what level (s)?

Royalty. Dynasty. Family. Is Trump and his family our American royalty? Are they what defines us? Can you relate to them? On what level (s)?

Posted - March 31, 2017

Responses

no, i cant relate to them
      April 3, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

Thanks for your reply pearl and Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 5, 2017 5:53 AM MDT

I don't  and I won't relate to him and his family. We are as different as oil and water.
      April 5, 2017 12:02 AM MDT

((hugs)) I could not have dreamed of receiving a better answer to this question than that my friend! Ditto. Likewise! Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      April 5, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

Well hugs right back rosie :) :)!!! Seriously i can't envision that lifestyle! To be quite candid I lived at one time on the premises of a very prominent and wealthy family up in Seattle, Washington. To make a long story short I found them to be shallow, arrogant, and egotistical. I was never paid for my work. After living there for a year and a half, I left much to my relief. It's sort of a complicated story, nothing to do with my legal status, I was born and raised in this country. Anyways, I guess I should say after living among so much wealth, I wasn't impressed. I felt as though I was living in a gilded cage. Talk about slave labor. I couldn't understand it like I do now! This post was edited by Autumnleaves at April 6, 2017 12:41 PM MDT
      April 6, 2017 12:23 AM MDT

Long ago I read an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel in which he said "The rich are different from you and me" or words to that effect.  Well you KNOW you experienced that up close and personal. Because of that you know more about them than I ever will. I'm CERTAIN there are very wealthy people who are kind and thoughtful and humane and caring. It's just that they are quieter and don't need the spotlight 24/7! The loud ones are never the good ones!  And it is our great misfortune that one of the loudest ones got elected to the highest office in America. We will never ever live that down Autumn! Never ever! Thank you for your thoughtful reply and for sharing your personal experience. That is always very helpful above and beyond mere opining can ever be! :) ((hugs))
      April 6, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

Thanks so much again. I agree with you that there are good and decent wealthy individuals. Of course the people I lived with are small potatoes compared to the trumps. little do these people know they have few if any friends. Even their own family would talk behind their backs. You really need to feel sorry for somone who sooner or later will realize how alone they are. Anyways, I really don't want to hold a grudge, I want to listen to what Romans 12:17-21 says: "return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the view point of all men. If possible as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: "vengeance is mine; I will repay; says Jehovah."but if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head" do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good." :) 
      April 6, 2017 11:40 PM MDT

Thanks so much again. I agree with you that there are good and decent wealthy individuals. Of course the people I lived with are small potatoes compared to the trumps. little do these people know they have few if any friends. Even their own family would talk behind their backs. You really need to feel sorry for somone who sooner or later will realize how alone they are. Anyways, I really don't want to hold a grudge, I want to listen to what Romans 12:17-21 says: "return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the view point of all men. If possible as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: "vengeance is mine; I will repay; says Jehovah."but if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head" do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good." :) 

Thanks so much again. I agree with you that there are good and decent wealthy individuals. Of course the people I lived with are small potatoes compared to the trumps. little do these people know they have few if any friends. Even their own family would talk behind their backs. You really need to feel sorry for somone who sooner or later will realize how alone they are. Anyways, I really don't want to hold a grudge, I want to listen to what Romans 12:17-21 says: "return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the view point of all men. If possible as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: "vengeance is mine; I will repay; says Jehovah."but if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head" do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good." :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at April 6, 2017 11:41 PM MDT