Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » So Jesus was crucified & Resurrected (?) Does that mean he died again? If not...why are people waiting for the 2nd coming?

So Jesus was crucified & Resurrected (?) Does that mean he died again? If not...why are people waiting for the 2nd coming?

So pardon me for splitting hairs but did he die of cancer, old age, get run over by a chariot? Where did he go the second time?

People also talk about the second coming.   If he was born, died, and was resurrected...that would be the second coming.  
Wouldn't anything after that be a 3d, 4th, 5th, and so on? 

Posted - April 16, 2017

Responses

Hi Judas Goat, I think WB.Yeats poem,' second coming' sums it up for us, succinctly.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
      April 16, 2017 10:46 PM MDT

• Wonderful answer, Veena.K
      April 17, 2017 12:01 AM MDT

Thank U dear Virginia;))
      April 17, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

• I hadn't read this before. Bears reading again. Love that "Spiritus Mundi" idea.  I hadn't heard of that, either. Had to look it up.
      April 17, 2017 12:18 AM MDT

• Dozy, Veena's post of Yeats is a wonderful example of the jewels we share with each other online...I read it over again a few times...
      April 17, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

Oh thanks Virginia, we had this poem in our syllabus and that is what popped into my mind when I read Judas Goat's question. Once again I've no words to thank you ...indeed it is interactions on AM and exchange of ideas that really expands our awareness of new things..!
      April 17, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

• I agree so much Veena, and you are just the kind of person I am always so delighted to meet online, or anywhere for that matter...learn new things and just fun too...
    Plus, now you an' me an' Didge are formed up to become The Three Mugateers!
      April 17, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

Umm I consider it a privilege and a great one to try and be on the same lines as You and Didge. Both of you have enriched  AM with your wisdom, life experience and yet guise it in humility. It is great to be one of the three mugateers;))
      April 17, 2017 8:56 PM MDT

• When referring to the first and second coming, we aren't referring to every time He physically came to earth. For the first coming, He came as a servant and as a savior to save His people and all who would accept Him. The second coming refers to His return as a king with His armies to defeat evil in the book of Revelations. The two different comings are referring to His reasons for coming down to earth (as a savior and as a king), not every single appearance.
      April 16, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

• Sorry, JG, that's not the way the story goes. Your answer is found in Acts 1:9-12. It's detention for you until you write out those four verses fifty times each. 
      April 16, 2017 11:45 PM MDT

• ha ha, and I am thinking that might be how YOU learned so much about the Bible, Dozy...you are very good with it!
      April 16, 2017 11:59 PM MDT

• It's been a long time since I read it, Virginia -- almost 60 years -- but I had it pretty well drummed into me when I was young. It's a wonderful source of misquotes.
      April 17, 2017 12:14 AM MDT

I'm not real good with seriousness at this site but I'll try here... Honestly, there is a lot of debate about the subject and people have been talking "Jesus is coming soon" There is everything from the talk that He will come here and reign for a thousand years to the disciples will meet Him in the air and the earth will be destroyed at the second coming.

The Bible states He shall come as a thief in the night...no man knows the day or the hour in which He will come.

To more precisely and directly answer your question, No He did not die again. He told his followers to go into all nations preaching the gospel and to baptize all those who believe in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Then He ascended into Heaven. This place, the earth is Satan's domain. That is why we are told not to be of this world, that is to follow along with all the worldly customs. 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV states: "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Some versions say the god of this 'age' but many if not most agree this is reference to the evil, satan, the devil or whatever you care to call it. A lot of people, Christians included ask "How could a loving God let these things happen on earth?" That is a valid question and that verse might contain the answer. Most people are only interested in a doctor when they are sick and only interested in God when they realize the mortal end is coming sooner and sooner.

My opinion, that is subject to change from study and experience: This being Satan's territory; God came here in human form to get His message across and like anyone else who doesn't conform to the way the world is, or sit in the corner and die as Nikola Tesla did, he was physically destroyed by the opposition. With the physical body gone, now he is reliant on the congregation to act on His behalf as a body here on earth. 1 Corinthians 12:27-29  "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?"

Jesus is the Head of the Congregation and one place this can be found is Ephesians 1:22 "And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church"

What Christians probably should be most interested in is that according to faith, we might meet Jesus at anytime, as death meets us all, so regardless of when, where or how Jesus comes back the important thing is to be ready.

I normally avoid religious questions as most on here are an extreme to one way or another and I am merely a student of the universe. I will not be responding to any comments to this as I do not allow myself into such traps, but anyone genuinely interested in polite discussion may message me. I cannot make anything right or wrong for you and it isn't my intention. I do love a good discussion though. :)

April 17, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

• Thanks for the well articulated comment.  Per your final statement, I shall not expect a response :)
      April 17, 2017 8:18 AM MDT

Try reading Matthew 28 again. Pay attention this time.
      April 17, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

• OK...done. Now what?

April 17, 2017 8:15 AM MDT

No, Jesus did not die. He is alive in Heaven at the right hand of God the Father. And will come again to rule and reign for one thousand years. He will not come until the 3rd Temple is built, there is a peace treaty with Israel, Antichrist comes claiming to be the true Christ, enforces the Mark of the Beast, the two witnesses come and are killed only to rise again in 3 days.......

April 17, 2017 8:44 AM MDT

• Just worship the Old Gods that took good care of your Forefathers and Foremothers very well before the murderous religions of Abraham enslaved their sons and daughters and demonizes knowledge while glorifying ignorance.

If we are gonna worship.....Worship Nature, Ancestors, and Kinship.  The true creator, provider, and saviour.

Image result for Pagan

April 17, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

The second coming is actually the resurrection 
    of the Christ Consciousness within you.
      April 17, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

• Baba, to me there is no doubt you have said truly.
      April 17, 2017 8:53 PM MDT

Your question points to a misunderstanding, on your part, of the concept of the so called second coming of Jesus.

Both Christians and Muslims believe that a Jesus was born to a virgin Mary and that he was the Messiah awaited by the Jews. That according to both Christians and Muslims was the first coming to earth of Jesus.

Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross, was resurrected and ascended unto God. Muslims do not believe that he died on the cross or anywhere else but they do believe that he ascended to God

Both Christians and Muslims believe that Jesus will return to earth once again near the end times. This then is the so called second coming of Jesus.

Jews do not believe that the awaited Messiah has come yet. So they are still waiting for the first coming of Jesus.

This post was edited by CLURT at April 21, 2017 10:16 PM MDT
      April 21, 2017 10:13 PM MDT