Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Experience/Education versus lack thereof. Being DIFFERENT is more important to some folks than competent/knowledgeable. Why?

Experience/Education versus lack thereof. Being DIFFERENT is more important to some folks than competent/knowledgeable. Why?

Posted - April 25, 2017

Responses

• Not sure I completely understand your question, Rosie. I'll give it my best shot though. Education without experience is hollow and flaccid. You can't have a complete education without some experience thrown in. I don't see how being 'different' equals competent/incompetent/knowledgeable/unknowledgeable. Being different just means you are expressing your individuality, we are not all cookie cutter versions of everyone else.  If we were all the same, nothing would ever progress or change. 

April 25, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

Trump has no education or experience in politics. He is DIFFERENT. That is why he is prez. A perfect example of what you get when you settle for different. Now you understand, right? Thank you for your reply Karen and Happy Tuesday! By "different" I mean bizarre/weird/kookie/recalcitrant/defiant/erratic. Those are not good things..certainly not in a head of state during dangerous times. A loose cannon prez does not comfort me in any way. Different for its own sake can be dangerous as we knew would happen when the wrong person was elected. SIGH. :(
      April 25, 2017 5:24 AM MDT

• Didn't realize this was a Trump questions. I thought you meant it in general. 
      April 25, 2017 6:55 AM MDT

not sure why, maybe they just like being different
      April 27, 2017 5:24 PM MDT