Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is your MBTI personality type? On a scale of 1-10, how accurate do you find it is? Give examples, please.

What is your MBTI personality type? On a scale of 1-10, how accurate do you find it is? Give examples, please.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test 

Posted - May 10, 2017

Responses

I've taken many variations of this test and have accepted that I'm an ENFP. While there are certain aspects I would like to change (some that I even consciously work on), I can't really argue with the results. It's highly unusual for us to change who we are at the core. 
      May 10, 2017 5:54 PM MDT

• I'm what ever personality type doesn't have the attention span to take a 12 minute personality test , Meryl. Just sign me up for that one please ;) 
      May 10, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

Jaimie, I think you're lying! I think you secretly took the personality test!! (;
      May 10, 2017 6:46 PM MDT

• Just because I used to steal all your SMARTICLE answers on another site doesn't mean I'm a liar and I thief :/  I looked at it and it said twelve minutes and I said " peace out sucka" 
      May 10, 2017 6:50 PM MDT

Smarticle....I love that word. Actually had not heard it in years. 
      May 10, 2017 8:49 PM MDT

• I thought I made that word up years ago.. I like it too :) I used to copy all of @standard aliens smarticle math answers on another site  .... Then add on to the end "I didn't copy meryls smarticle math answer" ... Then I'd get thanked for the answer ... I'm lucky she still puts up with me :)
      May 10, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

• INFP "Mediator" seems to be my type and what I have gotten the several times I've taken the test.

INFP:

"INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine."

INFPs are known for their gifts with language (I'm a linguist after all), they are excellent listeners but don't talk much (one of my strongest traits), and "they often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world."

Yep, that's about right. For me, I'd say an 8-9 as far as accuracy goes. I don't know if I'm quite as poetic as the type seems to suggest, but in every other way, it's exactly me. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 10, 2017 11:26 PM MDT
      May 10, 2017 6:47 PM MDT

Everyone is an artist, but not everyone knows it!
    MIND
    This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
    Extraverted 14%
    Introverted 86%
    ENERGY
    This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
    Intuitive 14%
    Observant 86%
    NATURE
    This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
    Thinking 33%
    Feeling 67%
    TACTICS
    This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
    Judging 18%
    Prospecting 82%
    IDENTITY
    This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
    Assertive 59%
    Turbulent 41%

I would give it an 8. 
      May 10, 2017 6:55 PM MDT

Campaigner. ENFP -A and high scores on all traits (none less than 70%).
      May 10, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

"Advocates tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all."

Apparently, I sit among the greats, like MLK and Mother Teresa. O_o I don't know about that, but the personality seems overall fitting- probably a 9 or a 10.
      May 10, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

My results:

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)
    And now... now we wait.
    MIND
    This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
    16%
    84%
    INTROVERTED
    ENERGY
    This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
    82%
    INTUITIVE
    18%
    NATURE
    This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
    70%
    THINKING
    30%
    FEELING
    TACTICS
    This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
    64%
    JUDGING
    36%
    PROSPECTING
    IDENTITY
    This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
    18%
    82%
    TURBULENT
    GET RESULTS BY E-MAIL
     START READING

https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

And I couldn't care less, TBH. I'm happy with the way I am, autistic or not. 
      May 10, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

INTJ here too. 
      May 10, 2017 11:29 PM MDT

May 10, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

• ISTP Personality (“The Virtuoso”)

I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn’t want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges.

Harrison Ford

ISTPs love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go. Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before.

Meh.  Meyers-Briggs test is just a hokey novelty.

May 10, 2017 10:06 PM MDT

(Spoken like a true ISTP.)
      May 10, 2017 11:30 PM MDT

• It's just something used by useless people like life coaches, human resources, conflict resolution departments.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 11, 2017 8:30 AM MDT
      May 11, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

• YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    ADVOCATE

May 11, 2017 6:29 AM MDT