Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I agree with an Answermugger who says humans are pathetic . We are blind/deaf/dumb to everything that matters. Why?

I agree with an Answermugger who says humans are pathetic . We are blind/deaf/dumb to everything that matters. Why?

Our arguments and hatreds and wars are always about things that don't matter at all. Not really. But fight and argue and murder and kill we will anyway because it is OUR way of living a life. On the backs of those who are weaker and frail to aggrandize those who already have more than they will ever need and yet always want MORE. What a pity! Shameful.  Hopeless.

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

Some people just want attention, all of it.  They will do anything it takes to get it, especially if they think for a min some attention might go to someone else.   This post was edited by . at May 16, 2017 10:54 AM MDT
      May 15, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

I guess I'm lucky. I prefer sidelines. I don't like spotlights. There have been many times in my life that I wished to he** I were invisible. But I think it must be a genetic disease or something equally unchangeable afflicting those who are  desperate for attention. ANY KIND WILL DO. Thank you for your thoughtful answer Star. If what you say it true we are doomed! :(
      May 16, 2017 10:56 AM MDT

not all of us are like that, im not
      May 15, 2017 1:43 PM MDT

I agree with Pearl... and I am a hopeless optimist... i have lived a longish time.. learned a lot.. and i still believe that most humans are essentially good... There are some bad ones sure, nasty, evil, selfish. and there seem to be more of those than there use to be.. but there is still so much good in humans.. 

I went to a castle and gardens over the weekend.. and yes the people who had owned the land were rich. but they were also VERY human... and they GAVE this house, castle, gardens and all that was in the house for people to enjoy.. just because.. not for money.. just to bring people happiness.. 

And the garden was truly awesome... the lady of the house made a beautiful garden...knowing that one day the public would get to see the fruits of her labours... This tells me that a) humans can create beauty.. and b) not all are selfish.. 

Oh and the woman also LOVED cats... there are pics of her painted with a cat in her lap.. gotta love a woman who loves her cats.. 
      May 15, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

Thank you for very lovely reply Addb. Here's the problem. The people in power aren't the nice guys. Would that they were. You have Erdogan and Putin and Trump and Duterte and and and and and. The good guys are no match for them. Sadly. :(
      May 16, 2017 11:12 AM MDT

Stop generalizing humans, they're not all like that. I'm just not into the whole "guilty by association" thing, the good people don't deserve to be lumped all together with the bad ones just because they happen to have been born of the same species. Nothing good ever comes from that kind of attitude. It's kind of like how a gator kills someone then maniacs are all like "they're evil! kill them all!" and all the other poor gators are slaughtered even if they didn't even do anything. :( This post was edited by Patchouli at May 17, 2017 4:41 AM MDT
      May 15, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

Different strokes. Thank you for your reply. I don't take kindly to strangers telling me what to do or say or how to construct the questions I ask. I don't take requests or suggestion. I ask the questions I wish to ask in the words I choose use. Answer them or ignore them as you wish. I don't care. But please don't show up and tell me to "stop generalizing". Okey dokey? Thanks.
      May 16, 2017 11:22 AM MDT

Sorry, Rosie. I didn't think that would upset you.
      May 16, 2017 6:38 PM MDT

Now you know.  Years ago on Answerbag a very nice person told me how I could make my questions better. I told her what I told you. I don't take requests/suggestions nor do I ask questions after I get opinions on them or take a consensus. She and I became very good friends and she'd tease me about my stock reply and we'd laugh about it. But I am deadly serious. Do you write to other authors and suggest how they could improve what they write? Of course not. That is impertinent. If you like the  style you buy the book. If you don't you don't. Okay sweetie. I will stop beating a dead horse . Thanks for not getting ticked off and doubling down and slamming/smacking the crap outta me. I appreciate it. A lot. Happy Wednesday Patch! :) ((hugs))
      May 17, 2017 4:08 AM MDT

Nearly Half of America Is Stupid.  The lack of critical thinkers is one good reason: Critical thinking is the objective analysis of facts to form a judgment, which generally includes the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis or evaluation of factual evidence.
      May 15, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

I think it is becoming a lost art or talent or ability my friend. What politician in  power today in D.C. is adept at using critical thinking Beans/SG? I bet you can't name one. I'd sure love to lose that bet. Thank you for your reply and the graphic. I know stupid is everywhere in the world but the stupid I bemoan are the stupids at home. In America. SIGH. :(
      May 16, 2017 11:24 AM MDT