Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Your PERFECT mate. Did you ever make a list of what you would require? Is your reality anywhere close to that list?

Your PERFECT mate. Did you ever make a list of what you would require? Is your reality anywhere close to that list?

Posted - May 25, 2017

Responses

Just one sine qua non - that we loved each other despite each other's flaws, or perhaps because of them. I also have a preference for wide hips and full breasts - a primal thing, I suppose, looking for a good mother for my babies.
    We've been together 29 years so far, no complaints.
      May 25, 2017 7:31 AM MDT

I'm betting that the two of you are good for 29 more years together at the very least and who knows at the very most? I think it's great to find a mate with whom you are compatible LONG-TERM! You get annoyed at each other on occasion but being without the other is not an option because you KNOW it can't get any better than that! There is a great deal of comfort in knowing that isn't there? Thank you for sharing that with us Sbf! I appreciate it! :)
      May 25, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

If both of us are spared, 29 more years won't be a problem - but I'll be 77 then, I mightn't live that long. My mother didn't.
      May 25, 2017 6:24 PM MDT

My perfect mate was far from perfect; he drunk way too much, was way too loud, swore like a trooper and smoked non-stop.. but I loved him anyway and he was perfect to me.. sadly he had other flaws I didn't pay enough attention to.. like mental problems but he was as close to perfect as it gets for me.
      May 25, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

I'm very happy that you experienced what that kind of love feels like m'dear. I just wish the packaging had been different. I expect  you do too! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee Addb! :)
      May 25, 2017 12:25 PM MDT

I went for education, intelligence, and the realization that love is about what you do rather than just about what you feel--- and that has worked extremely well.

(I learned that from studying the liberal arts.  For those interested, here's the definition I like:  liberal arts---college or university studies (such as language, philosophy, literature, abstract science) intended to provide chiefly general knowledge and to develop general intellectual capacities (such as reason and judgment) as opposed to professional or vocational skills.) This post was edited by tom jackson at May 25, 2017 1:58 PM MDT
      May 25, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

no cause i cant get a mate at all, let alone a perfect one
      May 25, 2017 2:41 PM MDT