Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per John Boehner "The Trump presidency has been a disaster". Boehner said the prez is still learning. I see no learning going on. Do you?

Per John Boehner "The Trump presidency has been a disaster". Boehner said the prez is still learning. I see no learning going on. Do you?

Trump is an old man set in his ways certain that he is always right, never wrong. There is no learning curve for him.  Can he learn and change? Theoretically I suppose it is possible. But we live in a world of reality/practicality/pragmatism not theory. Empirically speaking how has Trump changed from Campaign Mode Trump to prez? He plans to hold a Rally in Iowa in a few days for goodness sakes! He LOVES to campaign.  He hasn't switched gears yet to governing or presidenting. If not now, when? Is it that he won't or that he flat can't?

Posted - May 27, 2017

Responses

Presidents should always be in campaign mode. Campaigning and governing are the same thing in the current climate.

Western civilization is on the wrong path. It's going to collapse. Casualties will be in the millions. Our only hope of a soft landing and rebirth is a mass awakening. That takes tireless campaigning, especially since the left never stop campaigning either.
      May 27, 2017 8:09 AM MDT

That 'rebirth' motif is what characterizes any fascist ideology: there will be sacrifice (of the outsider group) and the true people will be saved. 
      May 27, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

:):):) Happy Saturday EW! :)
      May 27, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

Happy Saturday to you! :))
      May 27, 2017 8:43 AM MDT

Thanks EW and Sunday to you! :)
      May 28, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

A dependence on smear attacks is what characterizes the left. I'm not a fascist and neither is Trump.

If you had anything real to say, you'd be like "Don't worry we're not going to collapse. A country can sink deeper and deeper into debt forever. Everything will be fine because.....[argument]." 

You can't think of an argument, so you just call people fascist instead. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 28, 2017 1:25 PM MDT
      May 28, 2017 1:43 AM MDT

Oops, sorry, next time I will ask you what I should say. 
      May 28, 2017 12:39 PM MDT