Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How is it fair to punish children for the "sins" of their parents? Are you pro-con DACA? Why?

How is it fair to punish children for the "sins" of their parents? Are you pro-con DACA? Why?

Deferred
Action for
Childhood
Arrivals

Posted - September 4, 2017

Responses

• "If they are found to be an accessory after the fact."  An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, inter alia, obstruction of justice.

Pro/Con?  "I'm undecided" ...  but it sounds like another possible 65,000 pardons a year since 2012.
    Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy founded by the Obama administration in June 2012 which allows approximately 65,000 illegal immigrant students to graduate from U.S. high schools on a yearly basis.
      September 4, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

I'm Pro-DACA. These children don't deserve to be deported to a country they don't even know, remember, or speak the language of.
      September 4, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

((hugs)) Pardon the impertinence of the hug. We have never chatted before so we are complete strangers. I'm almost 80 and completely harmless.  I completely agree with thee but you probably figured that out! Thank you for your reply gatf and Happy US Labor Day Monday to you! :)
      September 4, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

Welcome to the mug.
      September 4, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

I am for DACA but with requirements. 
    1. We secure the border (so we don't have the same problem later)
    2. The children cannot be criminals.
    3. The children must graduate high school. 
    4. The children must get a job. 
    5. When they are granted citizenship, they cannot use it to get citizenship for their parents who did enter the country illegally. If the parent is not a criminal...then they may be grant legal status but not citizenship. 

If they fail any of 2, 3, or 4 then they go to their parents country. 
      September 4, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c. Very precise and unemotional. Happy US Labor Day Monday to thee! :)
      September 4, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Cannot let emotions run our country. 
      September 4, 2017 9:06 AM MDT

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      September 4, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

Any method to dump guilt and shame is the job of the parents no matter what the offense, pretend or other.
      September 4, 2017 9:12 AM MDT