Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If I had brain transplant and my body rejected it would you donate part of your brain you are not using and explain what it would do for me?

If I had brain transplant and my body rejected it would you donate part of your brain you are not using and explain what it would do for me?

Anything that would make me want to wear trash bag clothing is not acceptable. Just nice stuff please.

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

I'll just give you that part of my brain that has the explanation too. Then I won't have to explain it, you'll already know.
      September 16, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

Ok, good.  Thanks. 
      September 16, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

If I could, I would; but I think I'm using all of mine

And anyway, maybe my brain wouldn't help you.  I once made a comment to one of my friends< "You know how my mind works."

His reply---"NOBODY knows how your mind works."
      September 16, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

I'll donate but can't make any promises as to what you'd get. You could find yourself in random places at random times breaking into song.

September 16, 2017 5:06 PM MDT

Nice!
      September 16, 2017 6:05 PM MDT

There is no part of the brain we do not use. The myth that we only use ten percent of our brains comes from Dale Carnegie's book How To Win friends And Influence People, where it was attributed to Lowell Thomas by William James in the introduction. When someone has a stroke, no doctor ever says, "It's all right. It's only in the part of the brain he doesn't use." It simply is not true.
      September 18, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

Maybe there are many elements in the brain that lie dormant but awaken when suitably inspired somehow else how could one develop an obsession of some sort or become addicted to something..?
    Eg. "My addiction to alcohol lie dormant until I began doing booze".

So with that sort of reasoning I will avoid experimenting with wearing trash bag clothing.  This post was edited by Kittigate at September 18, 2017 9:03 AM MDT
      September 18, 2017 8:50 AM MDT

Good idea!
      September 22, 2017 9:08 AM MDT