Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Military » Many of you were not alive during WW2. I was. Are you excited about the possibility that we are/may be on the verge of WW3? Why?

Many of you were not alive during WW2. I was. Are you excited about the possibility that we are/may be on the verge of WW3? Why?

Posted - October 10, 2017

Responses

Lookin' forward to it . . . 
      October 10, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

Incomplete reply. WHY are you lookin forward to it?
      March 14, 2018 4:29 AM MDT

• Most rational people do not heartily anticipate the possibility of war, nor do they welcome it. At least they don't if they've had any exposure to it.
      October 10, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

That's the thing  BA. We did experience war up close and person during the Civil War but of course those alive now weren't alive then. I think something like 600,000 died! All the wars going on around the world that drive immigrants to our shores haven't touched us. Yet. Of course the culture wars/race wars/gun wars/hate wars are ongoing and seemingly growing. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 14, 2018 4:32 AM MDT

No, I don't welcome the thought of it. I mostly just try and get on with everyday life. I can't say the thought of war hasn't entered my mind, and that it is frightening but there is not much I can do about it except not focus on that and on something else instead. 

Also, fascinating to see someone on here who lived through ww2 - are you really 80+ though? 
      October 10, 2017 1:51 PM MDT

I shall be 80 this month. So yes I really am a very old lady! Thank you for your reply Pg. I think the powers that be WANT war. Da prez certainly keeps goading Kim Jong-un and proseltyzing for war. He is a very strange and evil man. Some folks love him. I think they are strange and evil too. I do.  SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 11, 2017 3:58 AM MDT
      October 11, 2017 3:56 AM MDT

Yep. I was born in 1937 Pg.  I am 80 and will be 81 this year. I remember hearing FDR on the radio as a little girl informing the nation of the attack on Pearl Harbor. December 7, 1941. I remember that my mom was doing the laundry and I was "helping" her. We were in the "utility room" off the kitchen where the washing machine was. No dryer. We hung the clothes up on clothes lines in the backyard to dry in those days. Whatever we were listening to was interrupted and FDR came on. My mom stopped cold and just listened intently so I did too. I didn't really understand what was happening but I could tell it was not good. My mom teared up and I don't remember where my dad was. My sister wasn't born yet so it was just mom and me and believe it or not I can still see me in my mind's eye at that moment. How odd what we remember and what we don't. We had rationing on things like butter and sugar. It was "butter for guns" then. For my mom to bake a cake was a real rarity. I remember those days very well. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!:)
      March 14, 2018 4:39 AM MDT

Im scared of a  possible ENP attack that would knock out the United States power for possibly over a year, essentially reducing life conditions to what it  was over a hundred years ago. 
      October 10, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

It's EMP (electro magnetic pulse), not ENP; but I get what you're saying. And that's a VERY real possibility. I'm guessing that it would take longer than a year to recover from a major EMP strike though unless there's a stockpile of a few hundred million customer-end service transformers sitting inside a Faraday cage somewhere that no one's talking about. Virtually nothing in the grid is "hardened".
      October 10, 2017 2:01 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply cp.
      October 11, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

Your most welcome RosieG ;))
      October 11, 2017 4:32 AM MDT

By the way . . . what does you having been alive during WWII have to do with when WWIII finally breaks out? (How old were you then, like 10?) I seriously doubt that you remember much, if anything, about it. And make no mistake about it; WWIII WILL break out some day. There's just no way to know when that will happen. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at October 10, 2017 6:31 PM MDT
      October 10, 2017 3:11 PM MDT

I was born in 1937. I remember hearing FDR announce the bombing of Pearl Harbor. December 7, 1941. What has anything to do with anything SRP? The only meaning anything ever has is what you impute to it. You impute nothing apparently. Different strokes for different folks.
      March 14, 2018 4:41 AM MDT

no i dont think i want a ww3 at all..... no one wanna die 
      October 10, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

Some folks WANT war. NOW.  I don't think they mind sending troops in to die. I think they don't think they will die. They just LOVE the excitement and of course all the weapons manufacturers make a lot of money. Thank you for your reply franc and Happy Wednesday. We all eventually die. I'd rather it be naturally and not because I was blown to bits by a nuclear weapon! :)
      October 11, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

I have told da President in one of his surveys (he sends me surveys)  that Kim Un Jung should be ignored. I think the Chinese have a handle on Un and since the Chinese make money off of the U.S.A., it would be in their best interest to keep an eye on things over there.
      October 10, 2017 5:21 PM MDT

Good luck. He probably hits you up for contributions too. They all do. Do you really think he gives a rat's a** what you think cp? Thank you for your reply!
      October 11, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

I don't think any one in their right mind wants war. 
      March 13, 2018 11:02 PM MDT

There have been plenty of wars all over the world since WWII

If we have a World War III, there will be no one left to get excited.

March 14, 2018 12:29 AM MDT