Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Has anyone tried Egyptian cotton pillow cases, bed sheets or towels +are they much softer than standard ones?

Has anyone tried Egyptian cotton pillow cases, bed sheets or towels +are they much softer than standard ones?

Or any other soft or long lasting ones? I am UK based.

I have got an Egyptian cotton flannel and towel but I got them ages ago. The flannel seemed much thicker than usual but this meant it was harder to squeeze water out of and held more water. I can't really remember how the towel was when I first got it but it didn't seem super soft or anything. Maybe thicker than some towels but not much different from others. 

Posted - October 15, 2017

Responses

Thats all I use. I love the high thread count that gives them a soft but sturdy texture. They cost more but last forever. ;)
      October 15, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

I agree with Carbonproduct.  Egyption cotton is the only thing I use for bedding & towels.  They do cost more but last much longer than the other stuff.  The quality and extended wear balance out the cost.
      October 15, 2017 3:45 PM MDT

never tried them
      October 15, 2017 4:53 PM MDT

• Egyptian cotton has been famous for it's high quality for as long as I can remember. The larger the number of threads per square inch, the finer and more pleasant the texture. Natural fibres breathe better, which makes them more comfortable.
    My fave is linen. A little rougher, but lasts much longer and improves with age. Cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
      October 15, 2017 6:13 PM MDT

I agree.  I'd never knowingly go back anything else.
      October 15, 2017 6:45 PM MDT