Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Family » do you prefer to have your child homeschooled versus sending them to private or public school? which is better?

do you prefer to have your child homeschooled versus sending them to private or public school? which is better?

j

Posted - July 26, 2016

Responses

Some parents homeschool their children just to keep them indoctrinated and ignorant.

July 26, 2016 11:33 PM MDT

I think public school is the best.  They get to meet all kinds of kids from all

different backgrounds.

July 27, 2016 1:56 PM MDT

I don't think there is a "best" model. It all depends on the quality of education available and the individual child. I think public school works well for my middle child, but she often gets bored because the curriculum is dumbed down. My oldest didn't do well in a classroom environment and does online school now. He does better. I think he would have been better off if I homeschooled him from the start, but with my middle child, that would have "dimmed her light" so to speak... she's bright, competitive, and social. Between the latter two traits, regular school keeps her charged. 

July 26, 2016 10:02 PM MDT

• I don't have kids. . But there's an important social element in schooling. .. learning to mix with others even those you don't like
      July 26, 2016 11:16 PM MDT

• "I don't know which is better" ... but I do know that teaching isn't as easy as one might think. Adding the social skills they would gain from schooling, to the teaching curriculum, would make the job of teaching even harder.
      October 8, 2016 11:52 PM MDT