Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are American criminals more dangerous than the criminals in England? Why do US cops carry loaded weapons while the cops in England DO NOT?

Are American criminals more dangerous than the criminals in England? Why do US cops carry loaded weapons while the cops in England DO NOT?

Posted - March 26, 2018

Responses

Because England disarmed their people long ago. 
    We have the 2nd amendment so there will be not disarming of America.
      March 26, 2018 4:46 AM MDT

Once again you did not answer the question I asked. Why?
      March 27, 2018 3:33 AM MDT

Yes, I did. Just because you don't like the answer does not mean it is not a valid answer.
    Why do England police not need/use guns? Because they disarmed their people long ago. 
      March 27, 2018 5:21 AM MDT

Yes, I did. Just because you don't like the answer does not mean it is not a valid answer.
    Why do England police not need/use guns? Because they disarmed their people long ago. 
      March 27, 2018 5:21 AM MDT

The Brits are fools.
      March 26, 2018 6:05 AM MDT

Don't you think your comment is rather harsh? From your reply I gather you think gunless folks are fools and gun people aren't. Upon what do you base that? Where is your proof? Do you have any proof at all or is that just your gut response?  I think those who must have their loaded guns to feel safe are very frightened people. 24/7. Scared to death. So I disagree with thee bigly. So what? Thank you for your reply BR and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 27, 2018 3:35 AM MDT

I want to be able to defend myself & my family.  Cowering in a corner when someone's trying to break in, and it happened about 6 years ago, isn't the way to live.  Waiting 10 minutes for the cops to show up isn't a good option.  Using harsh language, or appealing to the better nature of someone who means me harm is naïve at best.
      March 27, 2018 5:56 AM MDT

If you experienced someone trying to invade your home then of course that changes things. Thank you for telling me that. It helps me to understand where you are coming from. Happy Wednesday BR! :)
      March 28, 2018 2:57 AM MDT

Fools that don't have to fear being shot, robbed or raped  at gun point..... I'm quite a happy and safe fool it seems :) 
      March 27, 2018 7:36 AM MDT

You're assuming criminals who rape or rob will obey gun laws.
      March 27, 2018 9:52 PM MDT

We don't have guns in England......Females do get raped though , mostly by violent stronger men...
    I cant think of any cases in the news about women being raped at gunpoint...
      March 27, 2018 10:04 PM MDT

And if women had guns, they'd have less to fear.
      March 29, 2018 5:51 AM MDT

How many people would/could pull the trigger and risk killing someone in any situation... where would a women carry a gun where it could stay hidden....leave it in her bag unattended and it could be stolen or even go off if it's safety somehow got turned off...

We dont need millions of guns in England...our killing rate would go up over night...

You can keep your guns...there are not wanted or needed in England...
      March 29, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

Where could a woman keep a gun? They sell conceal carry purses, holisters etc. She would buy one that worked for her. 
    So you would rather keep your higher rape rate and just be happy it is not rape at gun point than allow a woman a chance to defend herself from a bigger stronger pervert? This post was edited by my2cents at March 29, 2018 7:30 AM MDT
      March 29, 2018 7:24 AM MDT

I don't here of any rapes case on our news....I think they are very few and far between ...
    Does having a gun purse mean you can't put it down or leave it unattended.....

Fear of loosing/leaving it on a table and a kid finding it would also be a risk i wouldn't want to take....
    Some of our police are armed...There female armed police office on court duties at the Old Bailey high court in London.....She left her gun I ate dead in the public toilets in the court .
    who ever found it luckily handed it in ..

There are so many cases where armed officers have done the same.....
      March 29, 2018 7:34 AM MDT

I wouldn't recommend any one leave their purse unattended. 
    Rapes generally will not make the news unless it is outlandish somehow....ie a gang rape or something like the Duke LaCrosse rape case (which turned out to be false) but was all over the news for a long time.

Key statistics about sexual violence in UK:

• Approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men are raped in England and Wales alone every year; that's roughly 11 rapes (of adults alone) every hour. These figures include assaults by penetration and attempts. 
    • Nearly half a million adults are sexually assaulted in England and Wales each year
    • 1 in 5 women aged 16 - 59 has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16
    • Only around 15% of those who experience sexual violence choose to report to the police
    • Approximately 90% of those who are raped know the perpetrator prior to the offence
      March 29, 2018 7:42 AM MDT

I can believe that.... if you had a gun in England though and killed the rapist you could be done for murder...
      March 29, 2018 7:54 AM MDT

Laws there are backwards. Here it would be self defense. 
      March 29, 2018 9:38 AM MDT

Most all criminal activities don't need the use of firearms Rosie.......get caught with them and your sentence could quadruple even life imprisonment if shots are fired......

There is the Trident arm of Englands armed police force, it's mostly used against the black West Indian  drug gangs that import really hard drugs like Heroin and other nasty stuff...

There have been a few public shooting but thankfully they are few and far between...
    Guns are not that easy to obtain in England ,so there are far far less armed robberies to contend with..... 
      March 27, 2018 7:31 AM MDT

Americans are simply the most frightened people among the so-called "civilized" nations. Why that is I do not know D. But it is obvious and apparent and irrefutable. They hide behind the Second Amendment and  drape themselves in the flag and are very self-righteous and indignant when you point out they are all scairdy cats. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 28, 2018 3:00 AM MDT

Insecure comes to mind Rosie... Maybe because they took so much from the indigenous people of America and are now afraid of loosing it all themselves :( 
      March 29, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

Don't know anything about England but here there are neighborhoods where criminals have absolutely no qualms about killing others just because it makes them feel more powerful.  So you need an armed constabulary to protect the public from them. 
      March 27, 2018 7:39 AM MDT