Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Is it normal that my allergies have gotten so much worse?

Is it normal that my allergies have gotten so much worse?

I have always had allergies/eczema, but nothing crazy. About five years ago, I moved to another country, and in the last few years I have noticed that my allergies have gotten much, much worse, as well as my eczema. Even when I go back to my hometown, I experience much worse symptoms than I ever did there. Is that normal? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Posted - August 9, 2016

Responses

I'm the other way around. I live in Arizona and have bad allergies, but when I go back home to Wisconsin, my allergies totally clear up. 

Allergies develop over time and you can get new allergies, too. Maybe yours got worse or you developed a new one. Allergists are pretty awesome. The can often isolate your trigger and treat you over time to stop your body from reacting to whatever it is. In my case, I'm allergic to virtually everything, so that's out, but if you get tested and only have a couple of triggers, you may be able to cure the allergies entirely.

August 9, 2016 4:20 AM MDT