Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is Evangalism the new ideal?

Is Evangalism the new ideal?

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

I guess it depends on what you mean by "Evangelism" and "the new ideal"?
    This will probably give you a headache and you have told me several times in the past that you know more about the Bible and religion that I do but thought I would refresh your memory of a few verses.

(Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
    (Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.
    (Acts 5:40-42) At this they took his advice, and they summoned the apostles, flogged them, and ordered them to stop speaking on the basis of Jesus’ name, and let them go. 41 So they went out from before the Sanʹhe·drin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name. 42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.
    (Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.

(Luke 10:1, 2) After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.
    (Matthew 10:11-17) “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household. 13 If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. 14 Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I say to you, it will be more endurable for the land of Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah on Judgment Day than for that city. 16 “Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard against men, for they will hand you over to local courts and they will scourge you in their synagogues.
    (Mark 6:10-12) Further, he said to them: “Wherever you enter into a home, stay there until you leave that place. 11 And wherever a place will not receive you or listen to you, on going out from there, shake off the dirt that is on your feet for a witness to them.” 12 Then they set out and preached that people should repent,
    (Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.
    (1 Corinthians 9:16) Now if I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe to me if I do not declare the good news!
    (Colossians 1:23) provided, of course, that you continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast, not being shifted away from the hope of that good news that you heard and that was preached in all creation under heaven. Of this good news I, Paul, became a minister.
    (2 Timothy 4:5) You, though, keep your senses in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.
    (Acts 21:8) The next day we left and came to Caes·a·reʹa, and we entered the house of Philip the evangelizer, who was one of the seven men, and we stayed with him.
    (Acts 4:11-16),
    actually, read the whole book of Acts.

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

This post was edited by texasescimo at June 11, 2019 2:48 PM MDT
      June 11, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

Evangelism? Why would that be new?   I would be doing more evangelizing if more people would listen to me. 
      June 11, 2019 9:12 PM MDT