Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you see only with your eyes, or is there more that lies beyond your vision? Eyes closed... what does your spirit reach for in the dark?

Do you see only with your eyes, or is there more that lies beyond your vision? Eyes closed... what does your spirit reach for in the dark?

Posted - June 26, 2019

Responses

There is certainly more. Our eyes cannot see into the ultra-violent or infrared spectrums.

If we choose, we can learn to be more observant by taking drawing classes, life, still life and landscape,
    or through photography, or some form of art or craft.

We can also use all our senses more mindfully than we do.
    The difference between what we normally perceive and what can be perceived becomes evident on a 10-day Vipassana meditation course.
    An acid trip can give the same results but doesn't achieve the ability to open the senses at will - and is too dangerous given the variables of shonky dealers and some people's predisposition to anxieties or phobias.

Eyes closed in quiet time, we can perceive more of what goes on inside us, and there lies the path to wisdom.

June 26, 2019 3:47 PM MDT

Thanks for the pick, Twinkle. :)
      July 1, 2019 3:28 PM MDT

I reach for   . . . and sense . . . serenity.

Serenity and peace of mind are closer to me than I acknowledge, I believe. I often sabotage myself.

I work too hard, sometimes, to "see."
      June 26, 2019 5:53 PM MDT

• Well, we certainly don't have to work very hard to "see" how awesome you are.  You always bring the light, Welby.
      June 26, 2019 5:58 PM MDT

I'm literally shaking my head. Wow. Again, I fail to see in myself what others seem to see more readily in me. It happens in my non-internet/website part of my life, too. Friends and acquaintances sometimes see aspects of me better than I do myself. I'm getting better at seeing it all, though.

Thank you very much Twinkle Dink!
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 27, 2019 7:11 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 6:09 PM MDT

No....I have this unique ability to read people's minds the instant I see people looking at me ...,and yes, I can do it with my eyes closed to.....all I have to do with them closed is just listen for approaching foot steps...:)
      June 26, 2019 6:45 PM MDT

With eyes closed
    in meditation, I reach for the light within
    and beyond the veil of darkness.
    Our senses have become influenced
    by the veil of illusion but can become
    vibrant again through the 
    diminishing of the veil of darkness
    and illusion.

June 27, 2019 7:10 AM MDT

• Baba, I ALWAYS love your responses. 
    I like the way they appear to reflect the way your heart and mind work. 
    They seem to be very much in sync with one another.
      July 1, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

Baba lives next-door to me.  I keep his serial killer secret just between us two.  OOoops I just blew that one.  If you don't see me anymore, call the police.  
      July 1, 2019 12:34 PM MDT