Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does it help to pray for Ted Bundy's soul? I've been thinking about him a lot for some reason lately.

Does it help to pray for Ted Bundy's soul? I've been thinking about him a lot for some reason lately.

Posted - September 19, 2019

Responses

It neither helps nor harms.
      September 19, 2019 2:04 PM MDT

At one time, Ted was a cute, innocent little kid. I think I read something about 'you can only enter the Kingdom of Heaven if you are like a child'. Something like that.
      September 19, 2019 3:04 PM MDT

I think you are saying he was a cute innocent kid, but we have evidence that his brain was deranged when he WAS a cute innocent kid.  I am with you in the sense that all children are innocent, they do not understand evil.  But Ted, at age 3, took out all the sharp knives from the kitchen and encircled his aunt while she was sleeping.  When she woke up, she said she was totally freaked out. All these sharp knives were pointed at her and he was 3 years old and just staring at her.  He loved pain and violence.  Always.  
      September 20, 2019 1:06 AM MDT

Wow. When I was 3, I was afraid of everything!
      September 20, 2019 7:53 AM MDT

I disagree with you that children are innocent, but agree that they do not understand evil.
    Children seem to have a natural instinct to change things, including their parents. You instruct them not to open a certain door in the house and their first thought is why, then make a plan to open that door. Tell them they can't have an item in a store and they stomp their feet and defy honor for their parents. Ask them to stay near by and they run off into some unknown direction. During these actions and others, they show a mad look as some may view as evil, during their innocent age. 

Nature of humankind is sinful until we are shown and taught what respect and righteousness is, and understand what evil is. 

September 22, 2019 6:21 AM MDT

No, it doesn’t. Time is too precious to waste on such futile pursuits. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 19, 2019 7:45 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

Was that supposed to be profound?  

That is mental masturbation at its less than finest.  It's not even clever.  
      September 20, 2019 1:07 AM MDT

Ironic. This from someone who wonders if Ted Bundy, a dead monster who raped and killed at least 30 women, is worth praying for. 
    So who is really mentally masturbating?

Check yourself. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 20, 2019 4:47 AM MDT
      September 20, 2019 4:00 AM MDT

It may help the one praying the most; what it may or may not do for Ted Bundy can be no more than speculation.

However, if the Abrahamic God does exist---and I mention Him because He's got the most bells and whistles of any other god on the market---then I find it perfectly possible that if it pleases Him to allow us to be co-creators with Him in the determination of alternate endings to the existence we lead, He will accept---at least to some degree---our input on the matter.

September 19, 2019 4:19 PM MDT

Praying for someone 8s like feeling sorry for them;  does not do any good. Ya gotta DO something for the guy. Maybe you could offer to take his place wherever he is at and give him a break for a while. 
      September 19, 2019 4:24 PM MDT

No it's not.  

That's how YOU pray.  Not me.  
      September 20, 2019 1:20 AM MDT

When I pray I say "Mister God Creator" because if you don't specifically identify the god you want to talk to then any god could respond. Satan is a god ya know. 
      September 20, 2019 4:53 AM MDT

In whose religion is Satan a "god?" 
      September 22, 2019 1:12 PM MDT

Abramic religions. He is a supernatural being, a fallen angel then if he does not qualify as a real god.  This post was edited by Kittigate at September 22, 2019 1:51 PM MDT
      September 22, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

I'll disagree with you on this one, Kitti.
    Not all Abrahamic religions believe satan is a god, or taught there are other gods. Jews don't believe in gods, neither do Muslims. Jehovah's Witnesses believe in multi gods, as anyone who does a great think are entitled to be a god of some rank or title. This is simply to defend their belief that Jesus is a god (John 1:1), not God the all mighty. This post was edited by antibiotic at September 23, 2019 5:19 AM MDT
      September 23, 2019 4:13 AM MDT

A supernatural being is simply a being that exists in a higher state of existence.  For example, the ability to pass through material objects is a property of a resurrected being---the higher the plane that you exist at, the further down you are capable of going.

Angels, fallen or otherwise, are not gods.
      September 23, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

No, but it does help to pray for people who have been thinking about him a lot, lately.
      September 22, 2019 6:03 AM MDT