Active Now

Shuhak
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Donald Trump a Christian?

Is Donald Trump a Christian?

If so, would you say he was a Christian before his recent meeting with evangelical leaders, or before. Please elaborate on why you hold the view you do.

Posted - June 29, 2016

Responses

Yes, I believe he is a Christian.  I believe he has always been associated with the Presbyterian Church USA.  (But, I'm not positive and not interested enough to look it up)  :)

June 29, 2016 7:54 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 8:00 PM MDT

Yes, I believe he's a goy, but who cares?
      June 29, 2016 8:02 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 8:06 PM MDT

Just because he professes to be Christian doesn't mean he is.

June 29, 2016 8:47 PM MDT

I think he's "Christian" only in the Colbert-ian sense of that word....;-D...

June 29, 2016 8:55 PM MDT

Why? Religion shouldn't be a condition of qualification.
      June 29, 2016 9:41 PM MDT

I don't know, nor am I qualified to judge that.  I'll leave that up to God.

June 29, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 9:59 PM MDT

So you wouldn't vote for, say, Bernie Sanders or Joe Lieberman? They're most definitely not Christian.

But what about the relationship of the Democratic Party and Christianity? They were, after all, the first party to nominate Catholic candidates in Al Smith and Jack Kennedy.
      June 29, 2016 11:16 PM MDT

How would God know or care, even assuming that God exists in human form (which is, at best, debatable) and is capable of rational thought?
      June 29, 2016 11:21 PM MDT

June 30, 2016 5:37 AM MDT

He says he is. He says he believes in Jesus Christ...that makes him a Christian. It is not for me to judge. That is God's place.
    Many claim Obama is a Muslim... I say the same about Obama as I do about Trump on this subject.
      June 30, 2016 6:19 AM MDT

God is not in human form. God knows our hearts.
      June 30, 2016 6:20 AM MDT

He is a COC...Christian of Convenience
      June 30, 2016 6:32 AM MDT

God Knows :)  He will not be fooled by anyone's claims

June 30, 2016 7:08 AM MDT

Prove it.
      June 30, 2016 7:25 AM MDT

Actually you said I don't care because my vote hinges on whether or not he's a Christian.  

I knew you left out that one little important word doesn't.

June 30, 2016 8:10 AM MDT

He is now faking his love for all things utterly retarded and Evangelical.  That is his fan base.  Who would embrace these morons except a moron.  As far as what his religious affiliations were before this?  Who knows? None of it is any more real than anything else this Moron utters.

NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd was definitely intending to end his interview Sunday with Donald Trump's presidential campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, with a "gotcha" question.

Manafort wasn't playing. But, is it grounds to suddenly discredit the report last week from Dr. James Dobson that he was told the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting had recently accepted salvation through Christ?

Todd stumbled his way through the question, clearly not sure what term to use to describe a born-again Christian. But, when he asked what Trump's "religious affiliation is now," Manafort offered very little.

"I'm not gonna speak to Donald Trump and his embrace of religion. You have to talk to him about that," he said. "I will say however that the evangelical leaders that have been a part of the Christian movement in the United States came together last week and showed overwhelming support for Mr. Trump and frankly in my 40 years of politics I've never seen such a broad base of support within that community for one candidate."

Todd, stumbling again with a follow-up question, tried to press the issue with Manafort, asking, "Is Dr. James Dobson right or wrong?" Again, the veteran political operative wouldn't even nibble.

"Again, you have to talk with Mr. Trump about his embrace of Christianity. That's not for me to speak to," he said. "What I can speak to is that Christians across this country and the leadership of the evangelical movement are broadly united for Mr. Trump and his campaign."

Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.

Has God called you to be a leader? Ministry Today magazine is the source that Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose turn to. Subscribe now and receive a free leadership book.

June 30, 2016 8:10 AM MDT

The pope says, "Our Christian identity is belonging to a people: the church. Without this, we are not Christians." There is no evidence Trump is a member of any church.
      June 30, 2016 8:17 AM MDT

He says he is a Christian.  I have no reason to doubt.  Being a Christian has nothing to do with Church membership or activity. 

June 30, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

• He spews hatred and bigotry and narrow mindedness.

He's the devil.

June 30, 2016 8:32 AM MDT

True Christians aren't racist

June 30, 2016 9:32 AM MDT