Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Girls know that men know that we wear panties. Then why are we so conscious about our panty-lines being visible?

Girls know that men know that we wear panties. Then why are we so conscious about our panty-lines being visible?

Posted - September 24, 2016

Responses

September 24, 2016 7:35 PM MDT

I have never understood the anxiety over VPL (visible pantie lines). Call me crazy, but rather than finding it either unattractive, offensive or tacky, I think VPL is eye/catching, sassy and sexy.

September 24, 2016 7:41 PM MDT

• I'm not a fan of panty lines so I don't wear any.  :-)

September 24, 2016 11:04 PM MDT

Women don't dress to please men. They dress to annoy other women.

September 24, 2016 11:31 PM MDT

Women worry about panty-lines? Why?

September 24, 2016 11:47 PM MDT

Because they've been traumatized into believing that the appearance of their clothing should be smooth enough to keep from showing that they haver underwear in underneath, even though they've also been conditioned into believing that NOT wearing underwear is socially unacceptable.

*Shrugs shoulders.

Don't ask me, I can't figure it out either.

~
      September 25, 2016 12:13 AM MDT

•   September 25, 2016 12:29 AM MDT

•   September 25, 2016 12:30 AM MDT

• That's why thongs got invented in the first place, I believe. Their sexual allure to men was an added bonus.

September 25, 2016 12:32 AM MDT

Because men don't want to see a woman's butt bulge any more than women want to see a man's bulge.
      September 25, 2016 1:14 AM MDT

A thong is merely a female version of a jock strap. It was first marketed by the Jockey Company about 1920 and has been a badge of office among high school athletes ever since. It is so common that all athletes are called jock strappers, or just jocks. The genuine Jockey article is made with a rubberized fabric that might chafe your leg. If that happens put corn starch on it.

September 25, 2016 1:16 AM MDT

So Randy, I guess you're a camel fan. Also, I came up with a much different definition of VPL. I wonder if you did too.
      September 25, 2016 1:16 AM MDT

I think it looks a bit sloppy, like you're wearing ill-fitting clothes.

September 25, 2016 1:56 AM MDT

LOLOL!

Great answer!  I'd phrase it in the form of a question and put it up, but I've enough people pissed off at me at the moment.

September 25, 2016 2:05 AM MDT

This might have a lot to do with why (and for whom) women choose a particular style of dress, but I don't see how trauma enters the dilemma. Presumably, if they dressed for themselves, their selection of attire would reflect a kind of social apathy, but if they're worried about how they look to others then it's safe to assume they're dressing for others. Who? Other women? Men?  Perhaps we can't relate because we dress for ourselves.

September 25, 2016 2:09 AM MDT

Lolzz. Yes that's something I have always wondered about. Same is the case with the bra..

September 25, 2016 2:59 AM MDT

Huh? That doesn't seem accurate to me, nor does it have anything to do with the question. "Butt bulge", using your phrase, and pantie lines are entirely separate things. Also, there are scads of people who enjoy seeing other people who have large butts, even overly/large butts.

:|
      September 25, 2016 6:43 AM MDT

:)
      September 25, 2016 6:43 AM MDT

You've made an incorrect assumption as to my fan club membership. I don't go ga-ga over cameltoes (like some guys do), nor do I find them repulsive or unsightly.

What's your definition of VPL, please?

~
      September 25, 2016 6:47 AM MDT

Go ahead, do it! Let the pissed off ones just be pissed off, lol!

:)
      September 25, 2016 6:48 AM MDT

Perhaps I was being overdramatic with the word "traumatized". I meant that there seems to be a dual obsession among women to both hide and flaunt their femininity, all at the same time. Cultural and societal "norms" dictate that nips and hips, for example, are good and bad, so they should be accentuated and suppressed. No wonder it's harder to be a woman, right?

~
      September 25, 2016 6:55 AM MDT

I've never cared, but my work has often made wearing panties very uncomfortable, so I just go commando.

September 25, 2016 7:07 AM MDT

Real men do not concern their self with things like this. Do not label us men as being like that. It you in our own mind that thinks that. Stop projecting your self on us men when we not. You the one who concern about panties. Girls and women have the right wear them or not wear them. If girls or women wear dresses and do not wear one under that is their busy and no one else. Why ared you so concern about someone seeing the line of your panties is how we be taught in our culture. Pleasw work on remove culture junk out of your mind. We all have to work on this. 

I love you female and I know what the culture (society) does to you. Stop reading junk stuff and focus on good things. Do not worry about your panties line show. Just like girls and women who wear dresses and show the underneath by the way they put their legs. Just like many girls and women wear boys or men underwear. So what. 

September 25, 2016 7:13 AM MDT

Correct, most in public places. At home or with close friends or family members it find. 

September 25, 2016 7:15 AM MDT