Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Are you ready to “go solar”?

Are you ready to “go solar”?

Fossil fuels are killing the planet. Who is part of the answer? 

Posted - April 22, 2020

Responses

One of my nephews installed solar panels on the roof of his house.  He said it has reduce his electric bill considerably.  I believe there was a promotion by the county or state discounting the cost and once the panels are paid for, his electric bill will be even less.  I do think it's time to start considering more renewable energy options - solar is one, wind is another.  It will also open up new jobs which I suspect we are going to need once this pandemic is over.  I foresee that a number of businesses will not survive and their employees will be out of work.
      April 22, 2020 8:49 PM MDT

We went solar about 18 months ago, despite stupid roadblocks espoused by our previous moronic governor (now moronic Senator) here in Florida. I no longer pay for electricity, and on occasion, am able to sell excess back to the grid at a profit. 

The system has paid for itself already. 

April 22, 2020 8:55 PM MDT

That's why my nephew said he did it.
      April 23, 2020 9:12 AM MDT

Already have.
    It's great to have no bill for electricity.
      April 22, 2020 9:48 PM MDT

I went solar more than five years ago. 

That said, there's no chance we'll eliminate the use of fossil fuels entirely. We can't make enough energy to support modern life without them and things like petroleum are in all sorts of products we use every day. 

Have you seen "Living in the Future's Past" by Jeff Bridges? Amazon Prime has it. Good stuff. 
      April 22, 2020 10:48 PM MDT

I hope everyone goes to solar and stop fracking in the US. 
      April 22, 2020 11:20 PM MDT

i have been running on solar energy for as long as i can remember (and so Were the r. tetrasperma before me) This post was edited by amber at May 31, 2020 8:29 PM MDT
      May 31, 2020 8:28 PM MDT