Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Business » Concerning anyone who has ever worked for you, what is your “Worst Employee” story? ~

Concerning anyone who has ever worked for you, what is your “Worst Employee” story? ~

Posted - July 18, 2020

Responses

I was never an employer but sometimes I  'strawbossed' at a job site. The manager had hired a new guy and sent him to help me digging a trench to lay drain tile pipe. The guy would work for a few minutes then stop and lean on his shovel and gazing around. "C'mon let's get this job done" I would tell him. "you gotta tell me what to do " he would say. "just keep digging" I would repeatedly keep telling him. I nicknamed him "Statue'  because he spent more time standing doing nothing than working. Then at lunch time he would insist I drive him to 7-11 for him to get a lunch because he brought nothing to eat which hardly left me any time for my lunch break. 
    Then the manager told me 'we gotta keep this guy because he's a friend and just do what you can with him'. 
    Yes Sir!

The manager didn't seem to care how long the job took because he was charging the customer  $42. per hour for each of us . That was around 1990. This post was edited by Kittigate at July 18, 2020 10:06 PM MDT
      July 18, 2020 9:48 PM MDT