Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Do you keep fit for the look/your appearance, or you do it primarily for health?

Do you keep fit for the look/your appearance, or you do it primarily for health?

I'd like to be into my 'look' more, yet not shallow.. I would like to lose 20 or 30 pounds... which way do you mostly think about it when keeping fit?

Posted - October 18, 2016

Responses

just health
      October 18, 2016 6:50 PM MDT

I keep fit because I have to - couldn't do my job if  if I wasn't physically fit then I would have no money and die of starvation. Having a good physical appearance is just a bonus of being fit, Cheers!
      October 18, 2016 7:25 PM MDT

I (try to) do it so I don't cough up a lung when I play basketball...;-D...
      October 18, 2016 8:33 PM MDT

• I don't bother with "fitness", it is just a stupid social fad.  It is also an underhanded way of bilking money from people for fatuous 'health foods", gym memberships and associated gear.  Exercise leads to pain, injury and disappointment.  More seriously exercise, fitness, is a form of mental illness. One goes to the gym and lifts heavy things then put them down. Lifts them. Puts them down... for no compensation!  Would one do this at work?  NO! Or one runs on a tread mill.  Running and running nd running, getting nowhere.  Isn't life like that enough?  I have friends who work out.  They always complain of how sore they are and they stink. But they keep going back for more.  This is a sign of serious mental or emotional dysfunction.   I sit at home with a good book and a pot of tea. I don't complain about being sore.  I take a nap and wake up refreshed and fresh.  So I'll keep doing what I now do, always walking in the way of the lard.
      October 18, 2016 11:35 PM MDT

• There's no need to spend a cent on fitness. Walking, running, skipping, jumping, swimming, and dancing cost nothing - no need for fancy clothes or equipment of any sort.
    The science on fitness proves that it is vitally necessary for maintaining long-term good health.
      November 15, 2016 3:37 PM MST

Staying fit gives me a better quality of life. I have more energy and stamina and currently it has been helping me recover faster from a serious injury. For me, getting stronger was a better motivator than weight loss. As I started to enjoy the results of working out, I realized that better nutrition gave my body the fuel it needed to get stronger. Weight loss was a side effect of getting fit and eating (mostly) the right foods.
      October 19, 2016 5:05 AM MDT

Pics or it never happened. 
    ~
      October 22, 2016 7:19 AM MDT

October 22, 2016 9:12 AM MDT

FINALLY!  

(Light a ciggie and we'll share it. Was it good for you too?)
    ~
      October 22, 2016 4:52 PM MDT

Seriously? A picture of me in the hospital with two badly broken arms and that's what crosses your mind? How can I light a ciggie when I can't even feed myself?
      October 22, 2016 5:30 PM MDT

Hold still and quit talking: I think I see an opening that I missed earlier.
    ~
      October 22, 2016 6:10 PM MDT

I am very fit and go to the gym twice a week, mainly to keep healthy.
    Timothy
      October 22, 2016 7:05 AM MDT

In my case, it's a combination of the two choices you've offered, and each one plays into the other. I couldn't maintain an attractive body without being healthy (physically fit), and in the interests of good health, I keep myself in shape. 

~
      October 22, 2016 7:24 AM MDT

Attractive body? Pics or it didn't happen.
      October 22, 2016 5:31 PM MDT

You're perverted, you know that, right?
    Ok, one quick peek, but don't get greedy and ask for more:

~
      October 22, 2016 6:07 PM MDT

(Do you see what happened here, folks?  Someone get the smelling salts, she's probably fainted. Imagine what it would have been like if I had showed her more than a glimpse.)

~
      November 7, 2016 5:53 AM MST

Actually, it involuntarily crossed my mind to wonder which of your body parts was used in that photo and I got queasy.

November 7, 2016 8:14 AM MST

Sure, but it took over a month. I'm sure you've been using it for your fantasies all that time. 

~
      November 10, 2016 6:06 AM MST

I would do it for either.  As it turns out I do it for both.
      November 7, 2016 8:16 AM MST

• Health first.
      November 15, 2016 3:42 PM MST