Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Are we being teased again? The back-to-the-top button is back!

Are we being teased again? The back-to-the-top button is back!

One of the first things I noticed this morning is that the back-to-the-top button has been returned here and is available for use. When it disappeared months ago, I asked why, and it was temporarily reinstated, but it neither worked properly nor did it stick around for very long.  Now that it’s back today, I wonder if it’s back to stay. (Wow, getting excited over something so small; I really need a life, don’t I?)
~

UPDATE: a mere 10 minutes after I posted this question, the back-to-the-top feature disappeared yet again. Fear not and fret not, however, because I have a shortcut that works the same way: click on the number symbol next to the thumbs up representing the “Like” portion of any post, even if that number is zero, and even if it’s your own post.

It takes you all the way back to the top.  Give it a try right now here on my post if you like.

~

Posted - October 17, 2021

Responses

It's already gone, like the light of a firefly.
      October 17, 2021 9:04 AM MDT

Please disregard: as quickly as it reappeared, it has now disappeared yet again. I’m quite sure this is all part of the online conspiracy to make me look bad. I just may delete this thread.  Grrrrrrr.
    :(
      October 17, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

I don't see it.  What did you do to make it disappear again?  ;)
      October 17, 2021 9:29 AM MDT

Please disregard: as quickly as it reappeared, it has now disappeared yet again. I’m quite sure this is all part of the online conspiracy to make me look bad. Grrrrrrr.
    :(

October 17, 2021 9:56 AM MDT

Gone once again, but it's too bad because that is a very useful feature.
      October 17, 2021 10:41 AM MDT

We need that feature because I am getting a callus on my index finger from having to swipe the screen on my smartphone all the time.
      October 17, 2021 11:44 AM MDT

The "back-to-top" button died a few months ago.  What you saw was its ghost haunting AM.  It's possible that its ghost may make more frequent "appearances" as we near Halloween.
      October 17, 2021 12:36 PM MDT

I don't see a number symbol, but I am using a desktop. To get to the top, I just center-click my mouse and scroll to the top. Very fast. This post was edited by Element 99 at October 17, 2021 6:02 PM MDT
      October 17, 2021 2:10 PM MDT

It’s possible that the screen views are dependent upon which medium is being used. On my iPhone, the number is directly to the right of the thumbs up located at the bottom of the post.
    ~
      October 17, 2021 2:13 PM MDT

All that does is show me who "liked" or if there were none.  Didn't take me anywhere - just like you.  You never take me anywhere!
      October 17, 2021 4:01 PM MDT

You’re right, you’re right, and I feel terribly remiss about that. Listen, you’ve never seen the third lowest level of my sub-basement, have you? I’ll take you there and give you the grand tour. By the way, no one knows you’re with me, do they? (Cough, cough.)
    ~
      October 17, 2021 8:29 PM MDT

They do now that you've been so mean to me!
      October 17, 2021 9:27 PM MDT

“Mean”?  Who, me? That’s just tough love, Sugar Dumplin’!
    ~
      October 17, 2021 10:00 PM MDT

Don't "Sugar Dumplim"" me!
      October 18, 2021 10:44 AM MDT

You misspelled it, Sugar Pie.
    ~

October 18, 2021 1:39 PM MDT

The letters on my "n" and "m" keys are both missing.  
      October 18, 2021 4:39 PM MDT

You may need to take a break from answermug until these hallucinations disappear. 
      October 17, 2021 5:53 PM MDT

I’m telling you it really was there! I saw it as plain as day, I clicked on it and everything! I’m not seeing things, I’m not crazy, I’m not making it up! I know what I saw, you have to believe me, you just have to! There’s nothing wrong with me, absolutely nothing wrong with me at…hold on. Who are those four guys in the white coats, and why are they surrounding me? You didn’t call them, did you, Jane? Tell me you didn’t! What’s that funny- looking jacket for, the one with the extra long sleeves and all the buckles and hooks all over it? No thanks, fellows, it’s quite warm in here and I don’t need a jacket, I appreciate the thought. Jane, do you know anything about this? Help me, help me! Jane, why aren’t you saying anything? Tell these guys it’s all a big mistake! Why are you just standing there signing their paperwork? Help me, Jane! Tell them they have the wrong guy! Jaaaaaaaaaane!
    ~

October 17, 2021 8:49 PM MDT