Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Isn’t this lovely, isn’t this great? A new glitch born just after the mysterious outage of the AnswerMug website a few days ago.

Isn’t this lovely, isn’t this great? A new glitch born just after the mysterious outage of the AnswerMug website a few days ago.

Related post: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/135979/are-you-getting-a-warning-that-the-site-is-not-safe-and-that-its/view/post_id/945793

The link shown above refers to some type of blockage that blocked up AnswerMug and kept many members from being able to access the website. My post below is one aspect of what I believe to have some connection to the outage. The two events took place too close to each other to be random and unconnected. 

For approximately the past 12 hours, whenever I click on one of my Notifications here that takes me to an answer or a comment or a Like that someone has left for me, that same notification repeats several times, as many as 5 or 6 times, even though prior to the outage, a site moderator recently stated that multiple instances of the same notification does do not occur or only occurs based on how a member has his or her settings arranged. Full discloser requires me to include that multiple notifications of the same post or the same posts is not a new phenomenon here, it just doesn’t usually happen up to six times on a row, maybe two or three times in a row. Mind you, I have not changed any settings for years, so I don’t know how or why the system is suddenly doing these annoying shenanigans.

Similar to what I am experiencing, are any of you having repeat upon repeat upon repeat of the same notifications?

~

Posted - January 30, 2022

Responses

...multiple instances...does do not occur or only occur...
      January 31, 2022 7:09 AM MST

Thank you! It has been corrected.
    ~
      January 31, 2022 7:38 AM MST

I have had the same issue with duplicate notifications - sometimes, days later.  I may make one comment on a question that gets multiple "like" notifications, but when I look at the comment, only one "like" appears.  I no longer bother with them - I just delete them.  You can tell they're duplicates because the time is shown and all of them have the same time on them.
      January 31, 2022 8:26 AM MST

That has been happening to me since day 1.
      January 31, 2022 1:33 PM MST

I don't recall it being as bad earlier on.
      February 1, 2022 8:20 AM MST

You are right, but it is a minor annoyance. Right up there with grammar and spelling corrections.
      February 1, 2022 8:24 AM MST

LOL ...  At this point, all I look for in notifications is whether someone responded to a comment of mine.
      February 1, 2022 9:20 AM MST

As do I.
      February 1, 2022 3:45 PM MST

I do not have any problems with duplicate notifications.   Never have. 
      February 1, 2022 4:24 PM MST

Weren't you the one who said there weren't any duplicate notifications?
      February 2, 2022 7:54 AM MST

Yes. And I still have not received any duplicate  notifications.  And believe most of the users who think they are getting them are not reading them closely.   

In the above image, this was the correct number of notifications I should have received for this 1 post. 

As far as likes go, a user can like and unlike any post an unlimited amount of times. And the Poster would/should receive a like for each one of those times. This post was edited by my2cents at February 2, 2022 10:27 AM MST
      February 2, 2022 10:25 AM MST