Active Now

Danilo_G
WelbyQuentin
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What is the worst insult that someone has ever called you? If it has never happened, what would it be?

What is the worst insult that someone has ever called you? If it has never happened, what would it be?

Posted - February 25, 2022

Responses

The ten year old son of my friend said directly to my face one time "you are just a drunk". I felt grossly insulted at first and felt like giving him a snack but it dawned on me that he was right and he was disappointed when he saw that I was 'just a drunk' like many of his family people were. 

Anyway I finally did recover from booze addiction since then and living a better quality life This post was edited by Kittigate at February 26, 2022 8:06 AM MST
      February 26, 2022 7:42 AM MST

A wake-up call from a ten year old. Sometimes they know more than we do.
      February 26, 2022 7:44 AM MST

Yes!
      February 26, 2022 7:48 AM MST

I was going to be the best in a competition, and happened to say it out loud in front of a parent.  His response was "you will never be the best, there will always be someone better, smarter, more talented, prettier."  Something like that.  I felt myself deflate inside and never regained the inner drive I had.  Unfortunately he was right on.  
      February 26, 2022 3:16 PM MST

Yeah.. you always have to be guarded against people who try to deflate you in order to get an advantage for themselves.
      February 27, 2022 12:15 AM MST