Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Did you know the Democrat/Democratic party is now the conservative party?

Did you know the Democrat/Democratic party is now the conservative party?

Posted - July 8, 2023

Responses

Democrat Democratic. Show the minimum of respect by using the actual name.
      July 8, 2023 7:44 PM MDT

It is was not meant as an insult. It is how most people refer to the party. Democrats use the term. 
    https://m.facebook.com/marshallcountydemocratparty

If I was meaning to be offensive I would have said something like the Demoncrat party  or DemonRat party...etc.  Some just look for anything to be offended about...Democrat or Democratic hardly an insult. 
      July 9, 2023 8:03 AM MDT

”Demoncrat or DemonRat” sets a pretty low bar.
      July 9, 2023 8:15 AM MDT

I agree.  So do the terms directed at right. 

July 9, 2023 8:40 AM MDT

It’s more respectful than the nicknames my husband and I had for both the Democrats and the Republicans.  We stopped calling them names when we had kids just because the kids would repeat them at the worst possible time.

I won’t say what we called them because my2cents would just edit them anyway.
      July 9, 2023 9:36 AM MDT

I believe that if you refer to them as akin to the lowest bodily evacuation point you might get away with it.
      July 9, 2023 1:26 PM MDT

Only things that are against the ToS here would get edited.  
      July 9, 2023 2:41 PM MDT

Centre right. They always have been. The GOP's shift to the lunatic Right has gifted the centre (where most of the electorate lives) to the Democrats.
      July 8, 2023 8:25 PM MDT

Maybe on the global scale. But in the US scale they are left.  They are not conservative....The Atlantic is nuts. 
      July 9, 2023 6:15 AM MDT

So you would just do away with all political opposition to your point of view?

There was a time not so long ago that people on the left, right, and in between coexisted as political opponents, not enemies demonizing the other as they do today.

The very thought of terms like Demoncrat and DemonRat is the manifestation of this childish attitude. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at July 9, 2023 1:31 PM MDT
      July 9, 2023 8:21 AM MDT

Where did I said get rid of anyone? 

I said Democrats are not conservative.  They aren't.   

I did not call Democrats those names.  I posted those terms as things I could have posted IF I were trying to be disrespectful.  I have not ever posted those terms directed at the party or individuals in the Democratic Party.  As you said it is childish.
    And trust me, I have seen many Democrats post worse about Republicans/Tea Party/Maga/Trump supporters directly. 

Personally,  I have never seen a time when politicians and their supporters simply "coexisted as political opponents." I do not believe such a time ever existed. 
      July 9, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

Sure it did. For example, Ronald Reagan as president and Tip O’Neill as House speaker were opponents but close friends. So were Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Antonin Scalia when they served on the Supreme Court.

The environment began to shift with the election of Bill Clinton and rise to power of Newt Gingrich in the 1990s, when the GOP became obsessed with demonizing and taking down Clinton.
      July 9, 2023 9:09 AM MDT

I am old enough to remember media calling Reagan names implying that he was stupid. 
    That 2 individuals were able to get along  does not mean everyone was civil to each other. 
      July 9, 2023 11:18 AM MDT

But nobody set out to undermine Reagan and get him out of office like the GOP did with Clinton, digging and digging until all they came up with was Monica Lewinsky, and the impeachment was laughed out of the Senate.
      July 9, 2023 1:39 PM MDT

Ohhhh, poor Bill Clinton. He is so mistreated. No one was ever so attacked as Bill Clinton....lol
      July 9, 2023 3:53 PM MDT

You have to admit, Republicans resented him for unseating Bush, and they started talking about getting him out of office from day one.
      July 9, 2023 5:08 PM MDT

I don't know what Reps thought about Clinton/Bush back then...I did not know any Reps then....I voted for Clinton. 

Does it make sense, that they hated Clinton for beating a Bush? Certainly,  they likely hated Ross Pero even more.   But absolutely establishment GOP loves the Bushes this is another reason they hate Trump. He took out their pick for 2016....Jeb.
    Started talking about taking him out from day one....who else does that sound like?   
      July 9, 2023 6:03 PM MDT