Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Gunfight at the OK Corral

Gunfight at the OK Corral

Hello:

When the Marshals show up to arrest Trump, will there be a shootout with the Secret Service??

excon

Posted - September 21, 2023

Responses

Probably not because the Secret service will be informed that the po po are coming to arrest Trump with a warrant and they have to stand down. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 21, 2023 11:25 AM MDT

Hello N:

Nahh..  The Secret Service will NEVER stand down.  That would be NEVER..  Aside from apprehending counterfeiters, their ONLY directive is to protect the president, or former president as the case may be..  That cannot be accomplished if he's under ANY agencies control other than their own.

Hence, my question. 

excon This post was edited by excon at September 22, 2023 10:31 AM MDT
      September 22, 2023 9:09 AM MDT

Well hopefully if Trump is served with an arrest warrant he will surrender himself peacefully. I was thinking it would be pretty funny if Trump makes a stand and say's - you will never take me alive flatfoots. Then he pulls out  a  derringer and the secrete service and the marshals start laughing at him. Then they say are you F ing kidding me - get the F  out of town. Then both sides take him to Georgia. Cheers and happy weeekend!
      September 22, 2023 10:03 AM MDT

I was just thinking that if law enforcement does show up to arrest Trump - he will lose it and start demanding that his secret service protect him and shoot the law enforcement officers if they have to - but they won't. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 21, 2023 11:33 AM MDT

Hello N:

Looks like you're hedging your bet..  If Trump ORDERS the SS to fire on the Marshals, I'm not sure they wouldn't

excon

PS>  Well, if you're not hedging yours, I'm gonna hedge mine..  The protection of the president is NOT under the control of the president..  They don't work for him.  They have their own directives, and that's to protect the president, or former president, NO MATTER WHAT.

This post was edited by excon at September 22, 2023 9:21 AM MDT
      September 21, 2023 12:03 PM MDT

Trump has no such authority.
      September 21, 2023 12:57 PM MDT

Well what kind of vehicle  do you drive? I'm already probably going  to win a bet for a 6 speed Mustang from one of the members here. But if you got a Dodge pickup  - the bet is on. The Secret service have probably all ready been briefed on what to do if an arrest warrant is served to Trump and getting in a shoot out with other law enforcement wasn't one of them. Cheers and happy weekend!  

September 21, 2023 1:08 PM MDT

Does a president have the authority to command his detail to shoot people?  I wouldn't think so.
      September 22, 2023 7:03 AM MDT

Hello S:

I dunno WHO'D fire first..  I dunno if it matters much..  The Secret Services directive is to  protect the president, or former president, at all costs...  That's not the Marshals directive.. Their job is to serve warrants and arrest people. 

Consequently, I absolutely believe the Secret Service will NOT turn him over to another agency.  Not now - not ever.

excon This post was edited by excon at September 22, 2023 8:45 AM MDT
      September 22, 2023 8:39 AM MDT

I think if Trump is convicted and all his appeals are unsuccessful, the Secret Service will have no choice but to turn him over.
      September 22, 2023 12:35 PM MDT

Hello again, S:

If it came to that, here's what I think will happen..  He'll self report thereby keeping the Marshals out of it.  Or, he could be sentenced to home confinement, but that would piss off too many people..  So, I think they'll carve out a wing of the prison where the Secret Service is in charge, and Trump is the only prisoner.  So, it'll be the prison authority who gives up jurisdiction..

That way, Trump is in jail, the people are happy, and the Secret Service can keep doing its job.

excon This post was edited by excon at September 22, 2023 1:06 PM MDT
      September 22, 2023 12:57 PM MDT

I agree that no one will be happy with home confinement if he's convicted, so the other alternative is perfectly fine with me.  With all of the indictments against him, hopefully one of them will stick.

September 23, 2023 9:01 AM MDT

Still wishing for a gun fight.   Again, he has been arrested and it was peaceful.   

The question is, how will the radicals handle it when Trump is acquitted of all charges....it that when they start shooting? 

September 22, 2023 5:51 AM MDT

I think it is more likely that Trump will be charged and it will be the MAGAs that start shooting. And Trump will call them patriates even if kids get killed in the crossfire. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 22, 2023 7:18 AM MDT

Hello again, my:

Being "arrested", and being taken into custody are WAY different things.  Trump has NEVER been taken into custody, but if he's convicted, he will be. 

My question is, what'll happen when the Marshal show up to take Trump to PRISON?

excon
      September 22, 2023 9:01 AM MDT

True....but your question asked about being arrested. 
    In the event, of Trump actually being sentenced to confinement.   I doubt they would put in general population.  He would either get home confinement.  Or his own section of a prison to himself. 

Trump is an old man, he is not going to try to fight the officers placing him in custody.  And the SS and officers will have a game plan for each to do their jobs safely. 
      September 22, 2023 5:55 PM MDT

They could put him in ADX Florence it is almost all solitary cells so it would be less expensive and more secure to protect him. On another site a MAGA was saying that even if Trump goes to prison he could still run his campaign from his cell. So I made up a little poem   - Na na a boo boo - Trump will be running his campaign from the same room were he takes a poo poo. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 22, 2023 6:21 PM MDT
      September 22, 2023 6:17 PM MDT

Absolutely can run and win from a jail cell. It has happened for other offices.  

Yes, I will vote him especially if they go so far as to put in a jail cell or any other form of confinement.  
      September 22, 2023 7:01 PM MDT

I read something yesterday that made me start wondering if maybe you are right about a possible shootout. A legal expert was talking about Trump’s behavior on the witness stand. One of the things he said was if it was anybody else who didn’t have secret service protection they would have been arrested and taking into custody. So maybe a gunfight could of went down in a United States court of law. Trump just bad mouthed Jack Smith and his family. So I think we are getting dangerously close to a test of the rule of law. No one is above the rule of law which includes Trump and the secret service – so if the law rules for Trump to be taken into custody the secrete service should stand down and let it be done. Cheers!

November 12, 2023 9:31 AM MST