Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you choose light-hearted genius comic books or heavy-hearted life-fearing Bible Christianity?

Do you choose light-hearted genius comic books or heavy-hearted life-fearing Bible Christianity?

You are never too old to start a persnickety comic book collection.
The Bible's all persnickety too. Isn't it?

Posted - September 23, 2023

Responses

I don't read comic books or anything written in that unpleasant caption format.  Also, I've never found Christianity to be heavy-hearted life-fearing.
      September 23, 2023 9:06 AM MDT

I tend to differ.."pass out"
      September 23, 2023 9:07 AM MDT

Last comic books I read were The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. And if I recall they were pretty light hearted. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 23, 2023 10:12 AM MDT

I know them pretty well after running down drunk to the corner store in Burnaby B.C. Phineus Freak. Freewheelin' Franklin and Benjamin... I forgot . I should have got it by heart. I did before. What is it but Benjamin..who? The comic which said "I have 5 dollars now. I'm going to the corner get me shot of heroin" or something... "Oh fug", by itself. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 23, 2023 11:35 AM MDT
      September 23, 2023 11:29 AM MDT

I googled it.
    Freewheelin' Franklin Freek  - 
    Phineas T. Phreak - 
    Fat Freddy Freekowtski and
    Fat Freedys cat.

Included a link to more info. Cheers and happy weekend! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabulous_Furry_Freak_Brothers 

This post was edited by Nanoose at September 23, 2023 12:07 PM MDT
      September 23, 2023 11:42 AM MDT

I looked at it too on Wikipedia. Saw all this thank you too. No Benjamin but he sounds like stoner. I forgot Freddy The Cat.

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.

— Freewheelin' Franklin[a]

"Don't get burned!" (usually aimed at Fat Freddy as he sets out to purchase drugs)

Smoking grass and drinking beer is like pissing into the wind.

While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!

Film and TV adaptations

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 23, 2023 12:11 PM MDT
      September 23, 2023 12:06 PM MDT