Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you shop at Costco, if so, have you been lately?

Do you shop at Costco, if so, have you been lately?

I had a big sticker shock today, something I usually pay $22 for is now $26, a bag of lettuce I paid $3 for is now $6.99 and the list goes on. 

Posted - September 23, 2023

Responses

Social Security has serious funding issues going forward with fewer younger people paying and more older people collecting.

Concerns about this have existed for years.
      September 24, 2023 11:58 AM MDT

So is your point that she should not have posted her question because you find the subject matter petty, and therefore not something that you would have posted? Gee, why does that sound like a familiar stance of yours? Oh, I know why! It’s because that’s EXACTLY what it is!

What’s next; all members will have to send their posts to you first for approval before submitting them?

September 24, 2023 10:42 PM MDT

Wrong. My point is simply that it’s a small issue relative to other issues, not that she didn’t have the option to post as she saw fit.

It was just my opinion. Sorry if you didn’t see it as such. Come to think of it, that’s a rather familiar stance of yours.
      September 25, 2023 12:31 AM MDT

My point is simply that it’s a small issue relative to other issues, . . .” and since you’ve made that determination, she should skulk away for not appealing to your standards of which topic is important enough on the Stu Scale. I see. 
      September 25, 2023 8:57 PM MDT

You’re quoting me out of context and you know it. I explained that I wasn’t questioning her right or ability to post about it.

But thanks for putting me on the defensive. You seem to enjoy doing that.
      September 25, 2023 9:45 PM MDT

Yes, it is off the charts.  

September 24, 2023 11:40 AM MDT

No, my membership is at BJs, but I don't shop there often.  There are few things that as a single person I need to buy in bulk.  The items that can be stored for long periods of time, i.e., tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. take up more space than I have.  On occasion, I find that supermarkets, when an item is on sale, is less expensive than BJs and I don't have to purchase large quantities.
      September 25, 2023 7:40 AM MDT

Nope. I don't shop at Costco, I have never been to a Costco, and I have no desire to go to a Costco. 
      September 27, 2023 4:04 AM MDT